Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,453 Posts
I love your build! What are you using for engine management? Standalone ECU, piggyback or reflashing the OEM ECU?

Our pull type clutch doesn't hold power very well and has a limit around 500WHP. But there are some strong clutches out there by clutch masters and SPEC that will hold 400+ WHP. The FX500 and SPEC stage 3+, 4 & 5 should hold the power. You may want to convert to a rigid disc instead of a spring disc. For flywheels we typically use either the Fidanza or Clutch Masters aluminum flywheel. I use the SPEC 3+ rigid disc with Fidanza flywheel but I'll only be pushing 300WHP with an Alpine supercharger. It's overkill for my application.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,453 Posts
Do you have any tuning data for the original ECU? I am assuming it is a Siemens 5WY17 or 5WY18 ECU much like the Tiburon? We are very interested in obtaining either a DAMOS/definition file or SAM2000 to expand on our tuning knowledge. Every promising lead has ended in a grossly overpriced offer. Currently I am reverse engineering the Tiburon ECU but it has been a very slow process.

There is a twin disc push type clutch conversion available. I don't remember the brand name at the moment but It is a very expensive option.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,453 Posts
Chase, didn’t u say the Spec stage 3+ was pretty bad ass for high clamping pressure or was that rushking. It stats it’s rated to 430ft/lbs at the crank.
It might be an option although the V6’s are torque monsters.
I did recommend the SPEC Stage 3+. Rushking19 also has the same clutch and recommended it to me. I just got my car on the road yesterday morning and it really clamps hard. On paper it's overkill for my application but it does incredible well while I'm still N/A.

Reactions: Rushking19
1 - 3 of 3 Posts