Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
If you are in South Korea you will need to change transmission to 5 speed old ef sonata taxi transmission
And os twin plate clutch or orc twin plate
This was we used in Korea then.
it’s not that running is lacking it’s Korean men now have very little skills and this is not worth the money. And the 단소 has ruined Korea as a whole
To many old people

· Registered
32 Posts
I thought the taxi transmission for the 4 cylinder. Not the v6? Or is there a v6 taxi 5 speed also?
Yes they have or now had a v6 version of this in a 5 speed you can stretch it out to hit over 300km

The ef sonata v6 5 speed there are two modes of it the “taxi gearing is 123 short and 45 long. I have been doing this for about 25 years now. Been here in Korea for the last 36 years now

· Registered
32 Posts
It’s the bell housing is the same for all the v6 based delta blocks here also there is another option since they use lpg here they came out with a different version of the ef and xg but in a lpg variant. If I remember correctly you can use that version of the 5 speed because it uses thicker gears in it. As for the gear ratios what we did was change out the final drive rather then 1-5 it was cheaper too the ring gear set was about $160 then and $150 to do the work. If you want to know the specs look up the xg v6 lpg version

the other option is putting on the transmission from a Tiburon gts 2 version.

I will ask around here most of the old schools guys are gone or married.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts