Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as the v6 guys who want to get the pro-system go, i did a quick search of the online sites that offer the "best price" and found one which offers the kit at a total of $622.19! I think that's the cheapest including tax and shipping, correct me if i'm wrong and post the link....enjoy.

ps. model number is 4220.780.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CiZiN said:
Doubt they have it in stock since the discontiuing of the struts...
Oh yeah i totally forgot about that, so the springs (pro-kit) are still being made but their discontinuing the strut (pro-damper) right? do you think thei'll stop making the damper indefinately or they'll just release a "newer" one?

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well if you find them, let us know where because I have searched everywhere and called everyone and no one has them. I am about to settle for some KYBs if no one can get a hold of any in the next week or so.

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
CiZiN said:
Well if you find them, let us know where because I have searched everywhere and called everyone and no one has them. I am about to settle for some KYBs if no one can get a hold of any in the next week or so.

You did click on the links above right? That should point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so will they no longer make the struts and continue making the springs? and if no more struts will they re-release a newer version of the strut? i need to know because if that's the case i'll get on my contacts to get me a pro-system...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well,that seems like a good price unless you get them off some one. I didnt know they were discontinued. That just means that mine are more special. j/k. If you end up getting this set up, you will be happy. It improves traction and reduces wheel hope. it is noticable

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
that is the cheepest i have ever found

·
Registered
358 Posts
CableTec said:
Did you try Summit Racing, Coximport.com, and Tirerack.com ? If so, then I guess they are going to be discontinued......which is a shame.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1461296&postcount=3
I tried them all

strozak said:
Drivewire had the struts for 388.00 PN 4220.840. I think thats just the dampners but it looked like they had them in stock. Not sure how reliable they are though
they're out of stock, if you call and ask they will say it's on backorder

·
Registered
85 Posts
drew04GT said:
I tried them all

they're out of stock, if you call and ask they will say it's on backorder
well that sucks...i just went to the checkout but didnt go through with it yet.

btw your sig is funny as hell!! i just read that and laughed my *** off

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm probably going to end up getting just the springs and throwing them on my stock struts, unless someone knows for sure if they will come out with a "newer" set up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
limp003 said:
I'm probably going to end up getting just the springs and throwing them on my stock struts, unless someone knows for sure if they will come out with a "newer" set up.
you should be good for a while with the stock ones...at least long enough for something else to come out.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
strozak said:
you should be good for a while with the stock ones...at least long enough for something else to come out.
i'm thinking the same thing but i have a lil' under 60,000 miles on my car so that's what i'm afraid of....we'll see when i throw them on.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Here is a ebay seller with 15 Pro-Damper kits (Struts only) I am trying to decide if it is worth the extra $200 over the KYB's to get the Eibach struts. I talked to Eibach, and the struts show to be disco'ed with no word of reproduction, or if they are going to just come out with a new setup. So those 15 may be the last of them. If this is already known info. well now you know it twice! :3_wink:

·
Registered
468 Posts
kartunez said:
Here is a ebay seller with 15 Pro-Damper kits (Struts only) I am tryign to decide if it is worth the extra $200 over the KYB's to get the Eibach struts. I talked to Eibach, and the struts show to be disco'ed with no word of reproduction, or if they are going to just come out with a new setup. So those 15 may be the last of them. If this is already known info. well now you know it twice! :3_wink:
Damn... tempting. I would hate for those 15 to disappear if they really are the last on earth....

Is it worth tempting fate with an ebay seller and paying more than retail?

hmmmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts