Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

V6 Front Motor Mount

625 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  lv tib04 
#1 ·
I purchased the motor mount inserts from Speed Freak Racing and went to install the front mount. Everything went together, until I put the mount in and can't Get the bolt to go through anyone have any suggestion?

#2 ·
yeah try putting it in gear or reverse or something cuz when u do that with the motor on u know the engine will shift and u can put the bolt in

lv tib04 said:
I purchased the motor mount inserts from Speed Freak Racing and went to install the front mount. Everything went together, until I put the mount in and can't Get the bolt to go through anyone have any suggestion?

#4 ·
I used a drift punch for the rear one. The rear one has an off-cenetered hole, but the front is centered, and mine went right in. Take a punch or heavy screwdriver and and use it to line up one side and slap the bolt in the other. If the engine's setting too low w/o the mount in (which it probably is), then use a floor jack to raise it enough to get the bolt in.

#6 ·
slobes said:
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but if I were to replace one of my motor mounts, which would be the best to replace? This helps to eliminate wheel hop correct? So is the front mount the one to replace?

^^ yes - the front one.

#10 ·
lv tib04 said:
I have the whole poly inserts.
Okay, those are bushings. The inserts are the notched pieces that fit in with your oem mounts.

Look through the side of the hole and make sure the engine has dropped too low to insert the bolt. If so, carefully put a block of wood under the block on the floor jack in clear location where it won't break anything, and not the pan. You should obnny have raise it slightly to line up the mount. Don't overdo it.

#12 ·
Thank you everyone for your help, 2 pumps of the jack and the bolt slid right in!! :3_nosthum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.