Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. Starting my build in the early part of next month and I have some ideas on how to do this but wanted some insight on what would be best. To start I'm torn between a 4.6L/5.0L Ford and a 4.8L/5.3L Chevy engine for this build and ultimately what I'm looking at is taking a junk Camaro or mustang and doing a massive merge between one of them and my Tiburon. I want the Tiburon to remain a standard. So I guess what I'm asking is what do yall think i should run when it comes to the V8

·
Registered
346 Posts
probably the hardest part will be the RWD conversion, it has been attempted before, I believe a very very small number of people succeeded with it after an unreasonable amount of time and expense.
the car was not designed to host a transmission tunnel nor rear axel.
There is a more doable project going on right now to convert it to AWD, search the forum, they guy doing it has been actively posting about it in the last couple of months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im Going to using the car to drift so AWD isnt a plausible idea for me right now. But maybe on another build on another tiburon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will actually be cutting the floor out of whichever car I decide to use as the donor to be able to compensate the housing of the rear axle.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This car should have been rwd from the beginning. I feel the same way about my 99 prelude. And the 3000gt. Missed opportunities all around. A lot of cars would have so much more support if they were rwd from the start.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What's up guys. Starting my build in the early part of next month and I have some ideas on how to do this but wanted some insight on what would be best. To start I'm torn between a 4.6L/5.0L Ford and a 4.8L/5.3L Chevy engine for this build and ultimately what I'm looking at is taking a junk Camaro or mustang and doing a massive merge between one of them and my Tiburon. I want the Tiburon to remain a standard. So I guess what I'm asking is what do yall think i should run when it comes to the V8
Without any debate, the Chevy LS engine is KING! anyone who says anything other is a fool,....except the Big Block Chevy is a close second.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder how the tibi would be as a mid-engine car ;)😁
I have seen one made into a mid engine and i wasn't impressed really. looked like it was all thrown together and wasn't carefully planned out plus they used a ****** v6 engine for the swap. Just all together to me it was a waste of time and money on their part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill be starting on my permanent widebody build next week. Ill be taking pics to track progress if yall are interested in taking a look

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
hyundai v6 mid engine configured like an MR2 would be cool tbh. transverse engine. same gearbox.

it is all about having everything planned and detailed. (and technically a mid engine mod could be made california legal.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts