Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so i am having a problem with my vacuum hose's i believe, my car jerks when ever i let thegas pedal up and i am almost positive its a vacuum hose.
i also noticed the hose that connects to the intake(breather hose) had some dark stuff coming out of it(first thig i thought was oil) any ideas what it is and why its happening?
and also any ideas why my car isjerking like that? i checked all connections on my air intake and there all tight.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Still no solution. The only thing that got rid of the jerking, for me, was replacing the MAF. I would try cleaning it first.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I've got the same problem when I lift off the gas, but I have no MAF.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no solution. The only thing that got rid of the jerking, for me, was replacing the MAF. I would try cleaning it first.
but my car wasnt doing it when my OEM intake was on
i noticed that my intake ebhind the butterfly opening this is all black buti doubt thats teh problen

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had the problem for months, but I had a P0102 and P0103 code. I replaced the MAF and the jerking was gone. If you don't have these codes, I would assume the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the problem for months, but I had a P0102 and P0103 code. I replaced the MAF and the jerking was gone. If you don't have these codes, I would assume the vacuum lines.
yeah no CEL have come on ever since monday and it was the Vehicle speed sensor was sending a CEL code hyundai wasnt sure why it was doing this lol but ever since then no CEL

ill check the lines were are they located by anychance? whicvh ones should i be looking at

·
Registered
272 Posts
If the only thing you messed with is your intake, then the line from the intake. You can run the engine and spray wd-40 around the tube and listen to the engine for abnormalities, or remove the line completely and visually inspect it. If you have changed your throttle body or manifolds, I would check to see that ypu don't have a leak on the gaskets.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Somebody on here has to have a professional answer for you. This is where I looked to help for the same issue. These people will help you through this.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checked the hose and there is oil in the breather hose and the PCV hose.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its engine oil
its a responsive filter im not sure on how to tell if its oiled

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont think id be the gasketsd tho i didnt t take anaayrthinga apart on the manifold i only removed teh old air intake box, n put tghe CAI in and i onlyt disconnected the one breather line
this is getting onmy nerves lol i want that jerking to be gone and the dealer is no help, they say "its normal" becase tey dont want to warrenty anything

·
Registered
272 Posts
If the wire to the MAF isn't tight, you have no codes, and the Maf is pointed the right way, try replacing, or checking the vacuum line from the CAI.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the wire to the MAF isn't tight, you have no codes, and the Maf is pointed the right way, try replacing, or checking the vacuum line from the CAI.
okay, thanks for thehelp man
ill bring it to hyundai tomrorow and complain to them and tell them to fix what eber the probl;em is im so glad my car is under warrenty lol
n i hvae the arrow for my MAF facing the engine

·
Registered
272 Posts
I thought that the issues with the CAI wouldn't be covered under warranty. Isn't that why you were looking for answers on here?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought that the issues with the CAI wouldn't be covered under warranty. Isn't that why you were looking for answers on here?
well it depends the dealer said that the only thing they wont cover is if i suck water up and hydrolock my engine but other then that all the sensors, wires. and other stuff is covered
i just wanted to kow what it was so i could go in and tell them what it is so they wouldnt have to waste time looking lol the dealer near me are retards but i cannot find the problem so hopeefully they can

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
on a side note, what are those plastic pieces called u put in your engine bay to cover up everything?
like plastic covers that cover the left and right side of the engine i want to buy some lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts