Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I did smoke vaccum leak test in my 2,7 V6 intake and I found that the throttle is not airtight.
Based on smoke flying source direction I see leak under stepper motor (gasket) and from the hole under the throttle position sensor.

I am attaching photos. Can you guys please take a look on it? Is it normal?
Is any chance to seal vacuum leaks?

Thank you in advance :)
Wood Sculpture Statue Gas Art

Bicycle part Material property Gas Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,223 Posts
You need new throttle shaft seals.

Reactions: Zielman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have the dimensions of those seals that are under the throttle position sensor?
I'm thinking of those tiny gaskets inside that hole.I have no idea where I can get these seals.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,223 Posts
Approximately 10x14x2mm but I could be wrong. You need to remove the seal from both ends and measure it with vernier calipers to be certain. They are known as hydraulic seals or U seals

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts
You can try the dealer, better may be an industrial supply house (Graingers or McMaster Carr in the USofA). I would assume a Viton seal would be good, Buna N or Neoprene can also work. I only say Viton since it handles high temperature better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, the topic is really complicated in Poland in Warsaw area. First of all in official Hyundai dealer they told me that throttle is an unseparable part so they can only sell brand new throttle (for magic money ofc). I spent whole day on driving from door to door and asking about seals. I found only one company where they asked me to take throttle and they will try to fit something from the warehouse. Brand new the same seal it is inpossible to find available for sell. Tomorrow I will take my throttle and ask them to fit something (fingers crossed).

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,223 Posts
Instead of 13.8mm look for 14mm. So the size you're looking for is 14x10x1.5 which should help find more options. You may need to order the seals online if you cannot find them locally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, first success. I just received the gaskets from the company that manufactured them to order. It is really promising, as they fit perfectly in the throttle.
I am not sure if I put in them in correct order but it was only for photos making. Today I will install everything and check once again vacuum leaks.
Attaching photos.
Font Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Vehicle brake Automotive exterior
Bumper Motor vehicle Fender Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Sleeve Bicycle part Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,223 Posts
Glad to hear it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts