Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I just got my Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold today. I know some members on here have this one, the voodoo one or the one made by a member on here.

My question is, is where are you guys tapping the vacuum source from. Pictures are a plus!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have my PCV capped off on the valve cover, so that left a free port open on the intake manifold and thats where I plugged in my vacuum manifold.

Here is an old picture showing what I did:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the PCV valve blocked off because I am boosted. I think some other people had tapped out of the EVAP or brake booster lines as well, though I am not too sure. Another solution could be to just drill/tap out a hole, then screw in a brass fitting, and use that as the vacuum source. Thats what I did on the airram intake manifold and it works perfect.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Mahonroy, maybe decap it and route it down just to hang and spit drops of oil? or if you want to be a good and lawful you can tap the pipe of the compressor inlet , insert a fitting there and route the pcv valve throught the catch can there....

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
that's the way i'm thinking to do with mine. my manifold and stuff should be there soon(yay for voodooboost)
Mahonroy, remember, when turbo'ed you can't simply tap in the manifold back again. cause there is not only vacuum there now, it would pump your oil back in the cylinders i think with the pressure you're going..;)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
My point is, you don't want to go anywhere else, cause the PCV is designed to work in the range from vacuum to zero, going turbo that place works in range from vacuum to boost, if you want to leave it that way, you need a 1-way checkvalve not to let boost in reverse way to pcv, but i assume you and me and anyone don't want to mess with valves and such. we don't want to drill the im for a vacuum too. my only question is :
will it do harm if the pcv line is just vented to atmosphere? if not, than i'll do that way:
1. connect im to the vac. manifold throught the pcv fitting
2. take all the hose that goes from pcv valve cover , tie it somewhere lower and let it drip all the gases and vapours under car.
3. when taking out the stock airbox rubber, i'll take off the breather tube(it's connected close to the TB) and leave it hanging. then when everything is installed i'll tap a silicone transition from compressor inlet pipe to the compressor inlet and connect the breather there... i'm not so good at english, so if you don't understand what i mean i'll show on pics..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the instructions say that the brake booster is a common spot to tap. anyone one got pictures of that? I think i know what that looks like just wanna make sure

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Tuscani GK said:
Thread cleaned. Please stay on topic and cease with the personal attacks or further action will be taken.

Thank you.
I apologize for off-topic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts