Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I got CAI and exhaust on the tib could it be faster than the general population of stock v6s?

I know there isn't one answer but I'm hoping the general question can be answered.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
if yours is an i4.. no. it'll be quicker yes. but probably not enough to beat V6s. you might notice like an 8-12WHP gain.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Depends on the tranny of the V6.

Hyundai made 60% auto trannies and the rest were manual(5-6sp). They sold and made 20,000 tiburon a year in the v6 trim in the U.S. There are 25,000 people on this site and 87 percent have mods. Given 10% of the remaining population mods their tibs brings the grand total to 15250 people have modded tibs. Minus 40 percent auto(manual N/A trumps) brings your total to about 9000 tibs that are faster than you.

Answer, YES!

9000 over 120000(total US sales from 02-09) = top 13 percent minus driver error and track condition and altitude.

I pulled this out of my rectum BTW....

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Depends on the tranny of the V6.

Hyundai made 60% auto trannies and the rest were manual(5-6sp). They sold and made 20,000 tiburon a year in the v6 trim in the U.S. There are 25,000 people on this site and 87 percent have mods. Given 10% of the remaining population mods their tibs brings the grand total to 15250 people have modded tibs. Minus 40 percent auto(manual N/A trumps) brings your total to about 9000 tibs that are faster than you.

Answer, YES!

9000 over 120000(total US sales from 02-09) = top 13 percent minus driver error and track condition and altitude.

I pulled this out of my rectum BTW....

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
nice white txt... lol
the V6 has about 175 BHP and the i4s are somewhere around the 140s.. so an extra 10-15 BHP isnt really gonna make that much of a difference.

and you dont seem to realize that the autos are capable of higher top speeds. and at higher horsepowers, they become faster then the 5 and 6 speeds due to higher gearing,

AUTOS FTW!!! lol.. sorry.. i had to represent...

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
no adding a CIA will only give you 1whp....thats like taking your back seats out and saying you are going to beat most v6 out there.

·
Banned
60 Posts
nice white txt... lol
the V6 has about 175 BHP and the i4s are somewhere around the 140s.. so an extra 10-15 BHP isnt really gonna make that much of a difference.

and you dont seem to realize that the autos are capable of higher top speeds. and at higher horsepowers, they become faster then the 5 and 6 speeds due to higher gearing,

AUTOS FTW!!! lol.. sorry.. i had to represent...
You really fell off the reservation after your first paragraph hehe.
I know you love your auto, but it can't run with a manual naturally aspirated with a good driver. (ends discussion on this topic)

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i know your new and all but please stop talking out your bum....

the autos gear ratios are different then the manuals.. they have a higher top speed and a way larger first gear.. yeah N/a there really is no comparrison, but once you get around 250+ HP the gear ratios start working in the AUTOs favor. and they become faster then the manuals.

EDIT: sorry if i came off a bit rude. i really meant no offense by that. just lettin you know im not a total idiot.

·
Banned
60 Posts
i know your new and all but please stop talking out your bum....

the autos gear ratios are different then the manuals.. they have a higher top speed and a way larger first gear.. yeah N/a there really is no comparrison, but once you get around 250+ HP the gear ratios start working in the AUTOs favor. and they become faster then the manuals.

EDIT: sorry if i came off a bit rude. i really meant no offense by that. just lettin you know im not a total idiot.
I know more about the tiburon than you'll ever know.
That being said, he was talking about staying naturally aspirated with mods. So I made that statement in terms of transmissions.
Just keeping in real bro, no harm done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts