Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i been to waxwerks (local place) like three times today and every time i go in my alarm comes out worse. I just got the 508D (motion sensor) today and they cant get it to work right. so I was wondering if anyone else on the forums has had this problem? Also are they not stupid and it just cant sense out side the car? I have seen videos of it and it works three - four feet from the car and you have to be inside the window for it to work sensor to give a warning then followed by the full alarm... they installed it right under auto gear shift (i know save the Bulls*** about me driving a auto...)

I cant figure out which way to turn the screws for the sensitivity. there are two holes for adjustment and one that says factory on it.

close up

they also didnt do a good job on securing it, they used some kinda glue when i pulled on it just to see it it fall off... the zip tie you see is just for the cord....

If anyone could help it would be great! I just cant keep trying to figure it out because my neighbors are getting mad... and had one cop stop thinking i was trying to steal the car...

·
Registered
652 Posts
id assume the sensitivity is to the right. ive never installed that unit though. couldnt tell you. maybe its a bad device? i got an audio sensor from DEI that didnt work right... or i didnt hook it up right... but it wasnt sensitive engough. sensitivity should be towards the right though

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not that i know of its just the plastic that goes over the gear shift (gear shift is metal could that be it? i wanted them to install it up in the sunglass holder by the map lights but they said it wouldnt work upside down is that correct? or did they just not want to put the work into it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
it will work upside down it just wont cover your sunroof (if you have one) IF IN THE SUN GLASS HOLDER.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok I dont keep that open any ways and if they put their hands in it will go off right? once it passes where it can see right?

·
Registered
915 Posts
i have a viper alarm with shock sensor and motion sensor that bestbuy installed. dont know where it is in my car but works great. actually to well. if i leave windows down itll just go off every so often even though nothings by the car... guess i should try and find the module and turn sensitivity down a little. and yes, i can nock on my rear corner panel and alarm will warn me right away so the shock sensors work great. or even just loud cars

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know where they installed it because its where its supposed to be installed maybe ill go to best buy and maybe they can fine tune it... dunno though they might now touch something they didnt install...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts