Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have seen the supposed DIY for installing this, and both of them were kinda half-assed. Did anyone ever finish one and get it made up? I am in the midst of cutting my ignition wires, and before I do, I want some security. The ignition part is not what I am worried about, its the actual main harness for the box. Thanks

·
Banned
257 Posts
1st off I would strongly reccommend you take it somewhere to get installed but if you choose not to all I can say is good luck LOL. what exactly do u need to know I install at best buy and have installed many of these alrms, what questions do u have?

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I got it installed. The door locks will lock, but will not unlock. I hear the relay firing, and the lights flash, but it will not unlock.

Here is how I have it wired up. With the 1A diode and everything.

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/29358_TIBURON_TYPE F DOOR LOCK DIAGRAM.pdf

I put a meter to the wires coming out of the Viper brain and I get a negative pulse with the green wire(lock) and a positive pulse(unlock) with the blue wire.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
972 Posts
u still didnt do it yet?

·
Registered
972 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
Do you have Rick's phone number? I am desperate.

nah i dont.. leme see if i can get it

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
where did you buy your wilwood brakes at man.
Chase
Hope you get it resolved....

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got them from a guy in Vegas. You can get the kits from TCE Performance. Do a search on them, you should find it. They are badass!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
To the guy who works at Best Buy:

I know someone who works at a Best Buy here and he says he can get my Viper 791xv installed cheap. Is this true? What's the normal price for an install by Best Buy?

Thanks!

(and sorry for the hijack)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I work at Best Buy doing installs as well... I think on the 791 you are lookin at the most $200. That's at our store here in VA. It all depends on what you want hooked up. I agree though. If you aren't sure about what you are doing... I'd take it to a shop. They get confusing sometimes. But good luck... Just call around town and ask prices or see if you can hook up with someone close by who can get you a discounted install. If I were in GA I'd do it for you... but I moved out of ATL in 02. :-( sorry.
Good luck.
D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts