Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I searched. No, I did not find it.

1. Do your parking lights and interior lights flash off and on at about 3 second intervals when you remote start the car? They go off when I put the key in the ignition. Is this normal?

2. I have to literally jump on the car just for the shock sensor to warn. It is currently zip-tied to the metal bar that holds the BCM. I know it should be hooked to a wiring harness, but what I need to know is a) which way to turn the sensor's knob and b) whether I need to restart the car for it to "reset" or not. What are the sensitivity of your sensors like. Will it go off if I push your trunk down?

3. Is there anything else I can connect to the system? Currently I have my trunk pop hooked to the AUX output, but I noticed that there are two more outputs. Does anyone have their rear defroster hooked up? Or is there anything else I can hook up?

4. Does anyone have a microwave/proximity sensor hooked up? I know they are for convertibles, but has anyone gotten one to work on the Tib? Someone recently stole my antenna and I would like that extra security when I leave it for long periods of time.

Thanks everyone!

Paul

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for an answer?

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Yes, I searched. No, I did not find it.

1. Do your parking lights and interior lights flash off and on at about 3 second intervals when you remote start the car? They go off when I put the key in the ignition. Is this normal?
Yes, that is normal. When you put the key in and press the brake, they go off.

2. I have to literally jump on the car just for the shock sensor to warn. It is currently zip-tied to the metal bar that holds the BCM. I know it should be hooked to a wiring harness, but what I need to know is a) which way to turn the sensor's knob and b) whether I need to restart the car for it to "reset" or not. What are the sensitivity of your sensors like. Will it go off if I push your trunk down?
I am not sure which way you have to turn it, but I need to adjust mine also, it hardly picks anything up.

3. Is there anything else I can connect to the system? Currently I have my trunk pop hooked to the AUX output, but I noticed that there are two more outputs. Does anyone have their rear defroster hooked up? Or is there anything else I can hook up?
You can hook in the window module to roll down your windows, and I am sure, anything else you wanted, just have to figure the wiring.

4. Does anyone have a microwave/proximity sensor hooked up? I know they are for convertibles, but has anyone gotten one to work on the Tib? Someone recently stole my antenna and I would like that extra security when I leave it for long periods of time.
I had one I am putting in from my previous car, so I don't know how well it works on the tib. It worked great on my PT Cruiser. If anything stepped within about 1-2 foot of the car, and depending how long it stood there it would warn, and then set the alarm off. I will let you know how it works, whenever I get around to installing it.

Thanks everyone!

Paul

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks RedTib. I'll be asking you about that proximity setup in the future. Anyone else?

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump bump bump it up.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump bump for an answer.....

·
Lighting and Accessories