Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys current mods to my car inlcude AEM CIA, SS Chrome Inc. Headers and exhaust , with full 2.5' mandrel bends all the way back to 4.5' outlets, im also running between a 75hp - 125hp wet N-O-S Kit and currently getting ready to go with the vortech S/C kit from Ripp Mod's, which im told on a stock Tiburon gives you 334 at the crank and close to 284 at the wheels at only 4-5 psi and im just wondering if anyone else have chose this route or if there is any other suggestions for getting 400hp the wheels any advice would be much welcomed thankyou.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
lmfao, i wish i had a CIA, damn... good thing there is no such company as SS Chrome Inc., but bravo with the ebay brands... i think you mean SS Autochrome, or SSA.... tell me how it is youre running a 75-125 shot? what are you pulling over and chaning the jettings whenever you feel like it.

buy the ripp kit, run your spray, i give you 5 minutes before you blow the motor

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
I will sell you my RIPP stage 2 SDS with boost cooler. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
248 Posts
you can spray on a stock block with a ripp blower, its all in the tune. but with a stock motor that extra wear and tear is gonna make the time for a rebuild come up fast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well as a mater of fact yes am between runs at the track *** ,depending who im running against didnt know that people with the same intrest in the same cars could be such dicks, so i mad a few typos who sorry i live in alabama, and all i wanted was info on a ripp mod charger , never once did i say i was gonna run it with out tunning assbag. but thanks for you input though have a nice day.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
miller1775 said:
well as a mater of fact yes am between runs at the track *** ,depending who im running against didnt know that people with the same intrest in the same cars could be such dicks, so i mad a few typos who sorry i live in alabama, and all i wanted was info on a ripp mod charger , never once did i say i was gonna run it with out tunning assbag. but thanks for you input though have a nice day.
who **** in your corn flakes.... :3_saai:

·
Registered
465 Posts
i make spelling errors all the time but when your mad and make even more it's just plain funny sorry.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes id like to buy one soon but like i said im still looking into other set ups, and how much are you selling yours for and why

·
4,366 Posts
Mine is the stage 2 SDS with boost cooler. I am selling it for $3500. The reason is that I am doing a completely different setup that I cannot do with a RIPP blower. I bought it, never installed it, now I must sell it. It was used thoug, by Tom who worked for RIPP, so everything was good on it. It also comes with the new black box fuel tuning.

look here:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83000

·
Registered
355 Posts
miller1775 said:
Hey guys current mods to my car inlcude AEM CIA, SS Chrome Inc. Headers and exhaust , with full 2.5' mandrel bends all the way back to 4.5' outlets, im also running between a 75hp - 125hp wet N-O-S Kit and currently getting ready to go with the vortech S/C kit from Ripp Mod's, which im told on a stock Tiburon gives you 334 at the crank and close to 284 at the wheels at only 4-5 psi and im just wondering if anyone else have chose this route or if there is any other suggestions for getting 400hp the wheels any advice would be much welcomed thankyou.
Man honestly u need to build ur block, im sure there had been alot of stress from the nitous already. If ud throw the SDS on there im not sure how long it would hold up... Building an engine can be really costly. But what if it blows and costs more and you mess up ur block? Damn id do pistons at least... in ur situation.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
If you want a RIPP SDS, get Ready2Play's Stage 2... much cheaper than new, plus it's sorted out. Plus he's Car of the Month, so you know that he takes care of his sh*t.

·
4,366 Posts
Pimp!!! thanks for the ups aLiEn_sPoReZ

Yeah, my kit is ready to go. Perfect for what you want :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
of course, i plannin on getting forged pistons from vortech as well but ive still got a lot of work to do before i put the s/c on i was just wondering what kind of set up you guys would workout better than the ripp mod

·
Registered
384 Posts
miller1775 said:
of course, i plannin on getting forged pistons from vortech as well but ive still got a lot of work to do before i put the s/c on i was just wondering what kind of set up you guys would workout better than the ripp mod
every option is better for your car than ripp. there's a reason they aren't a sponsor on this board anymore. all you have to do it look at their site, and read all the threads there to know that for the amount of money you will have to invest, AFTER you buy the kit, to get it working properly is an insane amount.

i would recommend calling tim from nextgen and having a talk with him.

·
Registered
888 Posts
jmpusmcr said:
every option is better for your car than ripp. there's a reason they aren't a sponsor on this board anymore. all you have to do it look at their site, and read all the threads there to know that for the amount of money you will have to invest, AFTER you buy the kit, to get it working properly is an insane amount.

i would recommend calling tim from nextgen and having a talk with him.

Oh c'mon Joel it's not gonna be so bad forever u know. We have some nice plans for the system :3_winkthu

·
Registered
888 Posts
miller1775 said:
Vortech doesnt actually make the forged pistons for this application, they are made by endyn for RIPP directly. There are a few other companies that offer them as well. Arias being one of them.

We're actually planning on running a nice sale on engine internals here in short order if you're in the market.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Carrera1984 said:
Man honestly u need to build ur block, im sure there had been alot of stress from the nitous already. If ud throw the SDS on there im not sure how long it would hold up... Building an engine can be really costly. But what if it blows and costs more and you mess up ur block? Damn id do pistons at least... in ur situation.

This is probably pretty accurate. The main problem with the SDS is that at the boost it makes causes the engine to basically make it's power/longevity threshold in it's lowest form... I'm working on that issue though with the addition of an optional 3.5" pulley which should be wonderful for stock motor tibs and still make good power with the Vortech while limiting the boost to no more than 3-4 psi tops vs. the 6, 7, sometimes 8 psi people are seeing with the current SDS kits in stage 1 form.

Mix that with what has been up to this point shaky tunability on account of electronics being limited for the car and you've got yourself a recipe for a blown motor. We're hoping to rectify that situation very soon though with the use of good electronics with proper control and an optional lower boost pulley and also different intake piping with a different BOV. That should make the SDS a great power adder and smooth as silk.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts