Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea yea im sure you guys have heard this all before, but can anyone just kind of like, tell me on a scale of 1 - 10 the risk of messing up your headlights srsly? I know that you have to re seal them good or else they get condensation, but im just worried about melting the actual headlight rofl. Just seems odd sticking an automotive part into an oven. Would a heatgun work aswell?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am not sure about a heat gun, but I have used the oven. I was scared at first too, but it worked well. The headlights sealed well and I haven't had any problems. I took the actual bulbs out before baking, but that isn't necessary. Just be very careful and when cracking open the assembly, be careful about the little plastic clamps around the edges, I accidentally broke two of those in my haste. Good luck!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am the worst handyman, I am worse than the worst...I did it...very easy.

Pop in the oven on 150-170 for just under 15 mins...works great...I have 2 ove gloves...works better than just oven mitts...do one at a time...IMHO pait it all black...but not too shiney. Satin.

Buy a small tube of clear adhesive sealant...and user after ward.
when all painted and ready to put back together, re-heat inthe oven for 10 mins and then put a thin bead of the adhesive sealant around the lip...press back togrther...easy.

Do not let the front clear lens touch metal when in the oven

·
Registered
690 Posts
I agree with Trinity...the U shaped tabs bend up a little bit before trying to seperate the headlight, they are warmed up plastic, they will bend back in shape later after the reheat.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
clear corners is like arts and crafts.

I think the only hard part is when you have to seal it all back together

·
Registered
785 Posts
i was scared bout sealing it together correctly so i just bought sealant/silicone and put that on it before i heated it back together and now there perfect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts