Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok tiburon owners im really interested in starting a tibby club in texas in at fort hood well i will be soon atleast. If anyone is interested i would love to start it i can design a logo and pretty much secure any kind of decals or anything. Again if anyone is interested hit me up and let me know

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
im stationed at ft hood and think it would be awesome to start a club here. i own 2 tibbys

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
fixer said:
There is one there now.

One of my guys moved to Dallas county and is looking to start a chapter out there...

Ya! What he said.... We have had a lot of interest over the years. The Tuning Tiburon founders, Deviant Konceptz, are still around, however most no longer have a Tiburon. I, however, as the founder, still have the most notorious Tiburon in North America. With that being said, good luck and have fun. The Tib in Texas rose, fell and hopefully will rise again!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yeah there are a few DK members around, just kind of quite lately!

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I didn't even know other tib owners on this site lived in killeen/ft.hood area where the **** are you guys? I never see anyone around this ******* town

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know that there is one in that area as I sold a body kit to one of the members there. There screen name is mistr D and miss D i think. Not to sure about that spelling though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WEll if you all know guys around there thats has them then hit me up and ill try to get this **** off the ground. Im thinking about callin it Land Shark Racing but if anyone has better ideas let me know i also got a sweet logo idea but again if anyone has a better idea. Anyways yea guy just hit me up and ill try to get this shti together i dont think it will be to hard here must be more tibby owner lurking around there just got to find them i guess.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Why dont you tell us all what your actual intensions are. Are you wanting a Fast and the Furious style crew or just some guys that get together to talk about Tibs or what. Be explicit but explain. I dont think you will find too many people that own Tibs that want to come sit around and talk about Tibs, but if you are willing to invest the time and the money into a crew that is actually necessary to keep it rolling please let me know what your plans are. The majority of the members of DK have moved to a point where other than 2 guys everyone of us is more than 45 minutes away from each other. I guess to be redundant, I am interest to know what yours plans are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im interested in a group that goes to shows together i mean we not just going to sit around on the weeksend and be like man my tib is cooler then your tib. But im think like a group that goes the the track together and represents there club not just their cars u know. The tiburon scene is kinda small and i think if a good club were to come together and do shows and sounds offs and **** like that it would get alot bigger. For instance like my car im makes a show car and a show off car. I used to own a car audio shop so im pretty good at that ****. Im also looking fo rthe club to like help each other out like im good with audio if i could get a guy thats good with tuning cars then **** he could help everyone else u know what i mean. I dont want it to me just a group of people that just hang out and do really go anywhere i want it to make a mark in the show and racing scene i might have high expectation but i think it very possible if we can do it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ok, well a little more professionalism and less language would be quite a bit of a step up for you. Over the past 4 years I have worked with different promoters, companies and individuals to get Hyundai the national recognition it deserves. When you say that the Tiburon scene is small, that is incorrect. You are just new to it. Welcome. Im glad you are here, but the last thing I personally want to see is a thugesque Tiburon crew out there trying to bring havoc to the tuning industry. It takes strength in numbers to succeed, but I think your best bet would be to come to one of my Tiburon Mega Meets. TheGreatWhite and I are in the beginning stages of the spring Meet and I will promise you that 30-50 HYUNDAI, not only Tiburon owners will attend and I also promise you that I will bring the event sponsors as I always do. Once you have been around a while then I would say you would be able to assess the situation and see if you are able start your club. On another note, I owned a car audio and window tint shop, Ground Zero Car Audio and Window Tint in Ft Worth, TX and it is quite a challenge. I ended up losing thousands. I guess what I am saying is that you need to be quite a bit more eloquent to encourage me and probably most of the Tiburon owners that I know to join a club in Central Texas with little planning or intellect behind you. Thank you for your time. I hope to see you at the meet in the Spring.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'd have to agree as a fellow Texan, it'd be nice to have a well organized and exemplary group that DBPM speaks of...just have to keep it in check and in a positive light...I'd say if you wana really hit up a good group of supporters and people the right guy to talk to would be one of the "godfathers" of Tibs within the state, DBPM (DK or David) he's done a good amount for the tib community and still is...

But none the less it'd be good that if you do get some folks organized that you come rock out the Texas Mega meet that DBPM and I are working on...you'll see plenty more about it in the months to come!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys i do apprectiate your advice i am new to the hyundai scene i used to live in michigan and im had a honda civic never really joined a club just hung out with my other tuners friends from there i joined the army and bought my tibby which i love very much. Anyways I do understand i dont have much of a mission statement or anything of that nature i do have the abilty to get those items. I do know im interested in either joining or creating a club. BTW on the business topic i used to own Loud 'N' Proud Stereo installation in michigan and yea its hard to run a shop so i understand why u lose thousands its a pain to keep it up. But anyways i would love to go to your meet coming up and hopfully learn a few things. Since i am new to the hyundai scene im tring to jump in and learn most of it fast so i can figure it all out. If there is any other advice u would have for me i would love to hear it

·
Banned
126 Posts
DBPM said:
Ok, well a little more professionalism and less language would be quite a bit of a step up for you. Over the past 4 years I have worked with different promoters, companies and individuals to get Hyundai the national recognition it deserves. When you say that the Tiburon scene is small, that is incorrect. You are just new to it. Welcome. Im glad you are here, but the last thing I personally want to see is a thugesque Tiburon crew out there trying to bring havoc to the tuning industry. It takes strength in numbers to succeed, but I think your best bet would be to come to one of my Tiburon Mega Meets. TheGreatWhite and I are in the beginning stages of the spring Meet and I will promise you that 30-50 HYUNDAI, not only Tiburon owners will attend and I also promise you that I will bring the event sponsors as I always do. Once you have been around a while then I would say you would be able to assess the situation and see if you are able start your club. On another note, I owned a car audio and window tint shop, Ground Zero Car Audio and Window Tint in Ft Worth, TX and it is quite a challenge. I ended up losing thousands. I guess what I am saying is that you need to be quite a bit more eloquent to encourage me and probably most of the Tiburon owners that I know to join a club in Central Texas with little planning or intellect behind you. Thank you for your time. I hope to see you at the meet in the Spring.
OMG man...could you be any more of a dick to this guy?

Way to turn this guy's hopes and dreams into your own personal failure.

I think I'll come to your Tiburon Mega Meet just so I can choke you.

"eloquent encouragement"......BUHAHAHAHA!!!!
What a joke.

Oh...and thank you for YOUR time!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Well aren't you so much better. You call him a dick and then turn around and be one right back! :3_nosthum He was just explaining that to start a club, you need to be professional, and not all scattered out. He may have came off reading wise as a dick, but if you have ever actually meet David, he just talks like that, and didn't mean to be one. I am sure he was just trying to explain the best way to get the results he desired, but then again, maybe he was just being a Dick!
Oh yeah, thank you sir for your bountiful contribution to the thread! Now that is being a dick, 8===D! :3_puhbye:

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I agree david is just like in person just as much as he is on the interweb so no need to get all hyped up over a statement.....and I agree if you want a club of any sort you need to be organized.....trust me on that...the car clubs around here are very ummmm what's the word....UNorganized

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Thank you for those that stand with me. For those of you who feel you know better than I, Mr Zulu, the proof is in the pudding as they say. I am an a$$. That is guaranteed. However I get the things done that need to be done to promote the Hyundai community. NT.com is not the God of the Hyundai community, but it is a good common ground to start your tuning. Mr Bald, please feel free to contact me in public or private about any topic you deem necessary. I am willing to assist you where need be.

Mr. Zulu, if you are man enough to attempt to choke me, just bring your Tib and lets run'em. Physical violence will land you in jail, beating me on the track will land you a handshake and respect. Have a good day.

·
Registered
173 Posts
DBPM said:
Thank you for those that stand with me. For those of you who feel you know better than I, Mr Zulu, the proof is in the pudding as they say. I am an a$$. That is guaranteed. However I get the things done that need to be done to promote the Hyundai community. NT.com is not the God of the Hyundai community, but it is a good common ground to start your tuning. Mr Bald, please feel free to contact me in public or private about any topic you deem necessary. I am willing to assist you where need be.

Mr. Zulu, if you are man enough to attempt to choke me, just bring your Tib and lets run'em. Physical violence will land you in jail, beating me on the track will land you a handshake and respect. Have a good day.
i think we should settle this in the OCTAGON!! thats pretty respectful right? :3_smile:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well im am a pretty organized person ever thu i might not have seemeed like it i just couldnt explain my intensions.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts