Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my driver side window sh!t itself and stopped working now my window is permanently rolled up. So I call the dealer and see if my car is still under warranty so that I can get it fixed and they say no. That things like that are only covered until 60,000 miles and the engine and drivetrain are cover until 100,000 or 5 years whichever comes first. My car only has 67,000 miles. So am I screwed about the window?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. Only the powertrain is under the 10/100 warranty.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to replace the window motor. But you could probably order one from one of the guys in the For Sale forum selling any OEM part and do it yourself and save some cash.

·
Registered
869 Posts
dude you're screwed...sorry to say it...if they are not going to cover the clutch issue that alot of people are having then i seriously doubt they are going to deal with this....i swear if i knew it was going to be this way with the warranty i would never have bought this car and gone with the jeep i was looking at....

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
BlackWidow04 said:
dude you're screwed...sorry to say it...if they are not going to cover the clutch issue that alot of people are having then i seriously doubt they are going to deal with this....i swear if i knew it was going to be this way with the warranty i would never have bought this car and gone with the jeep i was looking at....
They will cover items as long as the warranty specifies. Powertrain is 10yrs/100k (unless you're not the first owner, then it's 5yrs/60k) and the bumper to bumper is 5yrs/60k. Some things are less, like paint is 3yrs/36k and "wear items" (including clutch) are 1yr/12k. If you aren't happy with the way the warranty is you should have read it before buying. It's still a lot better than most out there.

·
Registered
869 Posts
peachferrari said:
They will cover items as long as the warranty specifies. Powertrain is 10yrs/100k (unless you're not the first owner, then it's 5yrs/60k) and the bumper to bumper is 5yrs/60k. Some things are less, like paint is 3yrs/36k and "wear items" (including clutch) are 1yr/12k. If you aren't happy with the way the warranty is you should have read it before buying. It's still a lot better than most out there.
dude i did read it thank you! but yeahhhhh if you haven't noticed already alot of people on this site are getting screwed over by this supposed great warranty

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i went to the dealer with like 66k on my tib (iw as secound owner) they told me i was outa warrenty. i bought the motors installed it myself . (pretty easy) ok so then i went in for a tsb intermittent engine hesitation they then tell me o u have a 72k bumper to bumper warrenty we cover this for free. i was like ummmmm i paid for stuff from u guys cuz u said my warrenty was up i fought with the dealer for awhile callled up hyundai corp they said nothing they could do hd to get ur money from the dealer . but told me i still have warrenty that should be covered. i tell the dealer what they said they argue mor e i call back asking hyundai itself to call the dealer. now hyundai says no i dont have warrenty at that point i flip out and say i cant get a streight Fen answere from anyone. and if i have wearrenty u basically just violated a contract telling me i dont and i wanna talk to someone more important then u and they put me threw. in the end i had warrenty had to argue more with the dealer. they looked into it a week later called me saying they are sending me a check for the window motor price. big pain in the a$$. and during lal of this hyundai messed my car up trying to force the code into my ecu and fried the system and thought i had done stuff to the ecu which i hadnt and told me that if anything was done b4 i owned the car i was going to have to pay the 900 bucks for a new ecu. turns out it was stock got a new one. big pain in the but anyways what im getting at is maybe u have a warrenty like that? idk... idk why i had it even haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts