Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i bought my car used with 15,000 miles on it about 3 years ago,what i have noticed when my car is in the sunlight is that the front bumper is a lighter shade of black then the rest of my car, i mean u can notice it, so could my car have been in a wreck

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Tanelk said:
ok well i bought my car used with 15,000 miles on it about 3 years ago,what i have noticed when my car is in the sunlight is that the front bumper is a lighter shade of black then the rest of my car, i mean u can notice it, so could my car have been in a wreck
Could just be the crappy Hyundai paint.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Did u do a carfax report on it? If not give me ur vin and I will check it right now while im at work.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Doesn't mean that your car was in an accident just because the bumper is a different color. The bumper is a plastic material, the hood doors and rest of the car are metal. Paint adheres to different compounds differently. The paint should stay the same color, but you will get fading. There could be any number of reasons that the paint on your bumper is a different color. ANY number of reasons.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got my car from a nissan dealership, but u see, theres a small deep scratch right on the fender, it was there when i bought it

·
Registered
740 Posts
Maybe you are seeing the black unpained plastic on your bumber? So is the scratch showing a different color on the metal FENDER too?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Tanelk said:
no, just shows metal
Look along the inside of your hood where the fenders are. Look for your VIN. If there is nothing there, then your car was more than likely repainted. If you got both stamps I would say your good. Also check the gaps between your hood and fenders on each side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts