Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I haven't been in a while, but I thought I'd ask to see the best way to troubleshoot this issue. I checked to see if there are any fuses for the washer motor, since when you try to push for windshield washer fluid, you can't hear the motor. I thought it's a fuse issue, but I don't see a fuse in the engine or under the steering wheel area. Anyone had this issue before or know where the fuse is?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Same Question!! I need my washer fluid to work. Im going to check the fuses now. Any other help would be appreciated.

Is it a seperate motor? On the motor for window wipers? Where is the motor?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have this problem too, have anyone had this problem as well?

·
Banned
81 Posts
Same Question!! I need my washer fluid to work. Im going to check the fuses now. Any other help would be appreciated.

Is it a seperate motor? On the motor for window wipers? Where is the motor?

The motor is in the reservoir. There is a little screen on the motor which plugs as the plastic reservoir deteriorates over time. The screen gets plugged with fine, white plastic. If you don't clean it periodically, it will wipe out the pump.... which sounds like what happened to yours.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Multimeter is best tool to use. All you need to find out is whether B+ (battery power) is getting to the washer motor. If it is, then you have a bad motor. If it's not, then you have to find out why. Could be fuse or other problem related to the harness before the washer motor.

You could also connect the washer motor directly to a battery using jumper wires (preferably fused) and see/ hear/ feel if the motor operates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts