Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i heard with the cold air intakes that water can get in them easily and F up your car... but then my friend told me to get a part that will stop that from happenin.. can someone tell me what it is i forgot hah thanks

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
hyundai084 said:
yeah i heard with the cold air intakes that water can get in them easily and F up your car... but then my friend told me to get a part that will stop that from happenin.. can someone tell me what it is i forgot hah thanks
Yes, you can Hyrdolock with a CAI...but unless you drive through a huge puddle, its unlikely. Dont remember that part you're talking about either, so someone else can help you with that.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yeah it's a bypass valve...........but it's also restrictive , any gain you got will be reduced, so if ya dont plan on using your car as a submarine you shouldnt need one , I've been driving mine for 3 yrs no probs

·
Registered
219 Posts
They sell those water proof fabric that goes around your filter. air goes through but water gets repelled. I never used it but wonder if anyone else has. i'll find the link to it.
edit::
i'm having hard time looking for a good link. I think they are called "pre filters"

·
Registered
392 Posts
Injen makes 'em, and from what ive heard, theyre good. Ive also heard of a product that you just dip your filter in it, and it coats it down in a waterproof cover... dont know much about it, but quite frankly, i wouldnt trust it.

the Pre- or Over-filters are a pretty good buy, but you will lose a couple HP. You can pick em up here:
http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-...&cmbMakeModel=model&cmbBrand=inj&cmbYear=2003

·
Registered
128 Posts
in car washes.. if they undercarrage wash your car, will the engine hydrolock due to the strong pressure of water washing your undercarrage?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah say you go to a carwash.. do you think that water will get in the intake from that?

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Only if they're holding the wand right at the tube while you throttle it ...Nooooooo , it'll be ok guys

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
6speedwonder said:
A) buy the CAI
B) dont go mudding
C) dont take your tibby swimming
See, now doesnt that make sence :3_winkthu

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Sky.J said:
in car washes.. if they undercarrage wash your car, will the engine hydrolock due to the strong pressure of water washing your undercarrage?
Its possible because it could hit the filter.

Also it doesnt take a lake to hydrolock ur car. Just a big splash

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Ok.......ya see that, stay away from the little lakes too :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
most of the time if u manage to suck up water ur car will choke and die... u ever spray TB cleaner into ur TB and spray to much and the car almost stall out?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Yeah, it's the bypass valve that's supposed to prevent hydrolocking. After reading all the woes people on here had with hydrolocking, even when not going through big puddles or anything, I decided to go with the Injen SRI. Plus my brother personally knows someone who hydrolocked their car (not a Tib) with an intake and a bypass valve. Not worth the risk (however small that risk may be) if you ask me.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
No water , no bypass valve , no problem :3_winkthu

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts