Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna run a JL 500/1 amp......The output is as follows: (all rms rated)

front: (components) 100X2
rear: (6X9) 25X2
sub: (duh) 250X1

Here are JL speakers i'm running up front:

XR650-CSi 2-Way Component Systems
Description: Evolution™ XR 6.50 in. / 160 mm 2-Way Component System:
6.50 in. / 160 mm Woofer; 1.0 in. 25 mm Aluminum Dome Tweeter
Grilles Included

Crossover Networks: 2-way network with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuit. Premium polypropylene film capacitors and air-core inductors. 5-position adjustable tweeter output level. 3-position midrange presence control. Polyswitch tweeter protection.
Continuous Power Handling: 70W Continuous
System Efficiency: 89.5 dB @ 1W/1m
System Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
System Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB

In the rear i'm running:

TR690-TXi 3-Way Speakers

Continuous Power Handling: 60W Continuous
System Efficiency: 90.5 dB @ 1W/1m
System Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
System Frequency Response: 53 Hz - 22 KHz ± 3 dB

MY QUESTION IS:
Can the front components handle the 100 rms per channel being fed to them or will they blow??? I don't care if the rears are underpowered beacuse the components do most the work anyways.....If anything i'll hook the raers back up to my pioneer head unit that puts out 50 watts per channel (if that is rms...)

Right now I have a JL 300/4 amp (75 per channel) handling the speakers. I now want to run a sub....but instead of having TWO amps i'd rather have just one big amp for a cleaner look....

WHAT SHOULD I DO???? (factoring in that I want all JL stuff, and that the new sub will be a 10w3V3 in a Q logic vented hatch box)

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I think you meant you want the 500/5 amp.

Yeah, that amp will work out fine for you. You'll wanna back up the power going to your front channel a little though. If they're rated at 70 I wouldn't risk goin too far past that. Your HU probably only puts out 22w rms, that's about average. So havin the 25w from the amp will be better. You want the sound stage in the front anyway, so the rears don't really need more than that.

Nice setup by the way.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You should be OK. The gain on the amp should be set first, as someone else said maybe back off the gain a bit. You can and should also turn the level down via the head unit to those speakers. Realize that it is possible to cook the speakers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you meant you want the 500/5 amp.

Yeah, that amp will work out fine for you. You'll wanna back up the power going to your front channel a little though. If they're rated at 70 I wouldn't risk goin too far past that. Your HU probably only puts out 22w rms, that's about average. So havin the 25w from the amp will be better. You want the sound stage in the front anyway, so the rears don't really need more than that.

Nice setup by the way.

yeah I meant 500/5 oops......

Thanks for all the help...we'll see what happends

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.