Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an antenna that i just installed from bimerman .com and the signal sucks ( it sayed no lost singal on the site ) i really like how it looks but its not very funtional . is there something i can do about it ? like something i can use that turns the body panels of the car into an antenna ( using an antenna splitter so i could use both) . or even an in line signal booster that works . id prefer something that wont be seen so im not really wanting a window antenna , unless its really small .

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
1QUICKSHRK said:
you should of gone with the s2k antenna it has great reception!
yup, i got an s2k is equal or possibly even better than the stock antenna was.

puzzles me how such a small antenna is so effective, but it really is

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i had an s2000 antenna on my last tib and it worked fine . i just wanted to go a different route with this one . but from what im reading theres nothing i can do , except go buy an s2000 antenna .

·
Registered
120 Posts
i would love to get an s2k antenna but does it come off easy cuz i dont want it to get stolen. do you need a pair of plyers do to get it off like our stock antennas?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Bretti4TIB said:
i would love to get an s2k antenna but does it come off easy cuz i dont want it to get stolen. do you need a pair of plyers do to get it off like our stock antennas?
No plyers needed to get the S2k off, it comes off easy. I have had mine on for about a year and the only thing that has happended to it was someone chewed the end of it...yea, chewed it...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bagpiper said:
those will boost the signal they receive , so since im not getting a signal sometimes with the shorty ...... it will just amplify a crappy signal . which wouldnt do anything but give me loud static ..... thx anyways though .

on a side note : those however will help an antenna that gets a clear but weak signal . i have a signal bar ( like a cell phone ) on my headunit so i can physicly see that even with the stock antenna i could have used one of those . so i may install one even when i get my perfectly fine s2k antenna .

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
FM reception with the s2000 antenna isn't bad, but AM reception is non existent. That is, if anyone even listens to AM anymore. I just tried it out once to listen to a baseball game and just got static.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont think in the 25 years of my life ive ever tryed to listen to an am station . what the hell is on there ? i know its not music .

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Karma said:
those will boost the signal they receive , so since im not getting a signal sometimes with the shorty ...... it will just amplify a crappy signal . which wouldnt do anything but give me loud static ..... thx anyways though .

on a side note : those however will help an antenna that gets a clear but weak signal . i have a signal bar ( like a cell phone ) on my headunit so i can physicly see that even with the stock antenna i could have used one of those . so i may install one even when i get my perfectly fine s2k antenna .
I have the ark antenna, but usually listen to Sirius. I know even with the ARK I can pull in at least 6 strong stations. I just set my HU to LOCAL and tune in the stong ones I like.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bagpiper said:
I have the ark antenna, but usually listen to Sirius. I know even with the ARK I can pull in at least 6 strong stations. I just set my HU to LOCAL and tune in the stong ones I like.
i can set local1 local2 and local3 , and my reception gets worse and worse the higher it goes so that wont work ( i got a badass pioneer premier h/u so i dont think its anything with that )

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
espn radio is on AM...(i think)...lol...thats about it..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts