Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a short air intake from rev.ask them if it was for a 06 they said yes.put it in ,a weak later my motor light goes on.call injen and they said i have a 03 to 04.called rev back and they won't change it or injen wont help.i don't know what is difference is then the 03 to the 06.injen said it gets to much air.guys are making there own and they have no problems.can i make it work with the 03 one or just sell it.

· Registered
1,700 Posts
dude its the same , i have an 06 and theres nothing different about the air intake system from my old 04 or my friends 03 . get some maf cleaner and very very genlty clean the wires in the maf ( also make sure its pointing the right way ) and make sure you position the maf so that there isnt any tension on the wire and connection .

· Registered
6,684 Posts
i ordered a short air intake from rev.ask them if it was for a 06 they said yes.put it in ,a weak later my motor light goes on.call injen and they said i have a 03 to 04.called rev back and they won't change it or injen wont help.i don't know what is difference is then the 03 to the 06.injen said it gets to much air.guys are making there own and they have no problems.can i make it work with the 03 one or just sell it.
do all of the things that karma said, then
1.reset the ecu. either unhook the battery and pump the brakes a few times or pull the ecu fuse under the hood and do the same. the ecu will reset and clear the code.
2. buy yourself a k+n or f5fujita or aem or ANY other brand of filter that you can cram into the space down there and no more CEL.

the problem is caused by the injen filter, which is waaay too oily. the oil finds its way up the intake tube and onto the MAF sensor, clogging it. youd think injen would have corrected this by now, but no.

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is whene i called injen they said there is a different kit for the 06.but im saying it's just a tube with a filter.plus i remember i told rev the item # for the 06 and he told me it's a CAI.and know i remenber the girl from injen said oh it's longer there full of ****.

· Banned
2,706 Posts
There is a different kit for the 06. its going to be more restrictive because they said that the 05s+ are running too lean. Which IMO if you had i/h/e/stg.4 without a tune, then yeah you can be lean. But not with just a intake. Anyways dont worry about it. Worst case just get a fuel tuner. But look into the advice others already gave you

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
whats a fuel tuner and where can i get one.plus i looked at the other brands and threy say for 03 to 06.so is the injen 03 wider then the other brand
There is a different kit for the 06. its going to be more restrictive because they said that the 05s+ are running too lean. Which IMO if you had i/h/e/stg.4 without a tune, then yeah you can be lean. But not with just a intake. Anyways dont worry about it. Worst case just get a fuel tuner. But look into the advice others already gave you

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can i still drive my car like this to work or will it mess my car.plus i am bad with dates my girl just told me i had it in for three weaks.and it started to get cold yesterday and thats when the light want on
number of places. r100s sell safc units, NGM sells a mafterburner, alpine sells unichip.

Fuel tuners can be used to add or take out fuel to achieve a good a/f ratio.

· Banned
2,706 Posts
Of course its still streetable. You'll be fine and run better/probably safer at WOT.

Dealerships may have a problm though when warranty comes to play. If you're worried about that, then you can also look into getting a ecu reflash. Same thing, just have to send your ecu in to a company everytime you want it flashed

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks, the fuel turners are a little pricey is reflashing alot of money.
Of course its still streetable. You'll be fine and run better/probably safer at WOT.

Dealerships may have a problm though when warranty comes to play. If you're worried about that, then you can also look into getting a ecu reflash. Same thing, just have to send your ecu in to a company everytime you want it flashed

· Registered
1,588 Posts
just disconnect the battery to reset it.

also check the MAF wire, sometimes it gets pinched on the brake fluid, just route it around it

· Registered
6,684 Posts
no way, the ecu just thinks that the car is running lean becuase of the oily MAF sensor. do like i said, clean the MAF and change the filter and youll never have another cel from the intake. reset the ecu, too.

theres really no reason for you to buy a fuel tuner or an ecu re-flash right now. there are tons of people running i/h/e without a fuel tune...

· Banned
2,706 Posts
no way, the ecu just thinks that the car is running lean becuase of the oily MAF sensor. do like i said, clean the MAF and change the filter and youll never have another cel from the intake. reset the ecu, too.

theres really no reason for you to buy a fuel tuner or an ecu re-flash right now. there are tons of people running i/h/e without a fuel tune...
Im going off of what r100s said from INJEN themselves...They think that the 05+s are running too lean with their intake setup. Thus they decided to come out with a more restrictive one...

I already said its not going to be running lean enough to hurt anything...

· Banned
2,706 Posts
[[ UPDATE !!!!! (12-10-06) ]]

Sorry, Guys~~~ I have been having hard time catching up on all the messeges and emails...

I finally caught up to the point where I can actually check NT,com everyday.

Due to lack of space in my PM box please send me emails to [email protected] with Your Name, NT,com Screen Name, Location, Specific Part Number or Descriptions( Please search around to find out what exectly you are interested and then email me..) Please understand that I deal with so many members and its really hard for me to explain everything to every individuals....

If you need my quick answer you can provide me your contact number and the best time to reach you( Time Zone). I am willing to call within US, Canada, Mexico, PR, some of major European countries, and some of asian countries including Korea and Aussie.

I am also available on MSN messenger and AOL messenger.

For Injen products, I suggest to get them before this year ends since Injen will start to increase their prices starting next year, and yes , our prices will go up also.
Due to changes on structure of NT.com we may also change how we have been offering Injen products to NT.com members. Its liittle too early to anounce but when there is gonna be any changes we will make sure to post the anouncement ahead.

and some of you know that Injen will be launching their new SRI for 05 and up V6 with MR technology. We will be the first to carry them when they are available and I will be offering to NT.com members but I dount its gonna be available before their price increase starting next year. and of course they will be more expensive than the currant IS1375 applications....

The reason they decide to make that new SRI is because of 05 and up V6 tiburons have leaner factory fuel settings and MR technology on this new SRI is pretty much making the section where the MAF sensor locates.. It means that section will restric the air flow so that MAF sensor wont read much air as thought pipings.. I say this is kind of dumb... but since they say its good I say "whatevwer!!. Restricting the flow isnt really the way to go to produce more HP... instead the fuel setting need to be control with such as Apexi SAFC2 or Apexi AFC NEO......
Anyhow, I was gonna post info on this new SRI later when we have the set date but since the words have been out and several members have been asking me so I am posting this info.
Of course I will be posting more infos when we have official updates from Injen. Those oif you with 03 ~04 V6 wont benefit anything from this intake(I think. LOL). I think the current SRI design is better.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!

Kenny(r100s) :)

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i reset the ecu and the light is off i did not drive it yet.TM i'll buy the cleaner.i called my dealer and they told me that the computer is almost the same little changes cause my car has different opitions.but he told me that the computer that runs that part is the same.i also called power chip and they also told me that they are the same.i think injen is full of it.every other brand says 03 to 06.by the way i never realy looked but should my RPM be a little under 1000

· Banned
2,706 Posts
i reset the ecu and the light is off i did not drive it yet.TM i'll buy the cleaner.i called my dealer and they told me that the computer is almost the same little changes cause my car has different opitions.but he told me that the computer that runs that part is the same.i also called power chip and they also told me that they are the same.i think injen is full of it.every other brand says 03 to 06.by the way i never realy looked but should my RPM be a little under 1000
When you first turn it on, idle should around 1000, then down to 6-700 rpms. If your idle seems a bit jumpy, you may have a vacuum leak.

· Registered
1,176 Posts
i have 3k on my injen SRI with no CEL and i have an 06. i made sure the MAF was in the exact position as the stock unit was. must be workin well too, cause I ran side by side with my roomates rx-8 w/CAI when i just had the SRI. btw, i reset the ecu before I started the car up after the install.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.