Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a ARK short antenna that I have had for about 2 years now. When I purchaesd it it was black. I just noticed yesterday that it is now silver. Could it be that the color faded? Or could it be that someone switched antennas with me ? (Which is highly unlikely) BTW I know for a fact that it was black when I washed the car 2 months ago.

·
Registered
412 Posts
04TibbyKid said:
Ok, I have a ARK short antenna that I have had for about 2 years now. When I purchaesd it it was black. I just noticed yesterday that it is now silver. Could it be that the color faded? Or could it be that someone switched antennas with me ? (Which is highly unlikely) BTW I know for a fact that it was black when I washed the car 2 months ago.

mine was bright red when purchased, but it has faded somewhat to a lighter red. so, it is possible that is has just simply faded. do you have all four seasons including harsh winters?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Mine is only 6 months old, and it looks more graphite now than black, I bet it just faded and you are just really noticing it for the first time!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Maybe an alien from the Andromeda came along and has done some evil experiences with your ARK antenna... Be careful with that ! By touching the antenna, you may have a baby alien in your body, which will tear your chest away when it'll be full grown !

No, seriously, that's an odd story.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yeah, I didn't like the silver on my Tiburon, so I just switched with a random Tiburon that had a black antenna, sorry buddy. I thought it looked pretty good though...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it really does look silver and the black looked much better on the tidal wave blue. It is possible or anyone trien to paint theirs?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
04TibbyKid said:
Well it really does look silver and the black looked much better on the tidal wave blue. It is possible or anyone trien to paint theirs?
I can't see why not, sand it down a bit, and spray it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i dunno man i stole mine off of a s2k and went with it so im hopin the OEM stays good hah

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thats way I have s2000 antenna on my Tiburon. :3_nosthum
I know this will never happens whit my!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Shark04 said:
Thats way I have s2000 antenna on my Tiburon. :3_nosthum
I know this will never happens whit my!
lol i went through a carwash and it tore all the rubber off my s2k antenna. Then i got the same style billet antenna made by meet-my-tib-boo that was black. It started fading to a purplish color and i repainted it and its looked fine since.

·
Registered
292 Posts
nemo said:
lol i went through a carwash and it tore all the rubber off my s2k antenna. Then i got the same style billet antenna made by meet-my-tib-boo that was black. It started fading to a purplish color and i repainted it and its looked fine since.
HHmm??
How about quality I agree! 6buks antenna from AutoZone that I should have before was better quality than 23$ s2000 antenna from Honda, but " like they say Honda is the best" .Anyway, sometimes cheper is better.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
wait a minute.... i think mine has done the same! i bought it black but its more siveral/graphite now

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I told you guys... It's an alien attack.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
i have had mine on for about 18 months now. it was black when i got it.... now it is dark gray/graphite. wear and tear what can i say. it happens. get some black gloss spray paint and go to town.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts