Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to locate TWO rear-caliper Brackets on the internet and I just cannot locate one..

Mine is seized, the slider pins wouldn't budge (really stubborn) and venting my frustration by hammering it didn't do any good, I bent the bracket...:hammersmash:

I know i should've bought the caliper kit with a new bracket...

Thank you for your time :nerd:

·
Registered
567 Posts
i cant find it either...the only thing i can find is the caliper kit that comes with that bracket....might possibly be able to get one off someone that is upgrading their brakes but other than that i say u might have to go with the caliper kit....the kits arent too expensive, just more than what a bracket would be

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant find it either...the only thing i can find is the caliper kit that comes with that bracket....might possibly be able to get one off someone that is upgrading their brakes but other than that i say u might have to go with the caliper kit....the kits arent too expensive, just more than what a bracket would be
Yeah I'm like pretty desperate right now cos my new rear caliper is mounted on that POS rusted out bracket and I had no choice but to put the old rotor+pads back on and put away my new EBC plain rotors and pads back in the box.

Could you go into your browsing "history" folder to retrieve the site link for the kit??? heh heh that would be awesome! I'll probably search for it though, thanks for the headsup!

for anything Hyundai OEM and you can't find... give Kdmguy a pm :)
I'm afraid of what I'm gonna get charged from them lol. KRW ratio (korean currency) is like 0.8/1.0USD and with international shipping it could end up more than what I might be able to pay for um in N.A

OEM/Genuine Hyundai Mobis part# for the brackets would help too, i pmed LowSonoma1999, i hope he can provide me with the part# my searches tell me that lowSonoma1999 is a reliable OEM parts guy on NT!

Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i would suggest going to a local brake shop and ask them...they might be able to just get the bracket u need. I cant find the site i had for the whole set

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isw this what u are looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/hyun...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

2 Uniq on here has parts as well..PM him
Thank you, I pmed him lastnight and we're gonna meet either tonight or tomorrow.
Thank you guys so much :3_winkthu

try looking on the hma website

http://hmaservice.com

it has a full breakdown of every hyundai make, model, and year. you should be able to find something useful there. hope that helps!
Signing up was really EASY! but the site is a little confusing but with some time i think i'll be able to manage.

BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED IN THIS THREAD!!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Signing up was really EASY! but the site is a little confusing but with some time i think i'll be able to manage.
the manuals are normally under "my shop". you can select the car or type in the VIN number. it works better with IE, i have a problem using it with firefox.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the manuals are normally under "my shop". you can select the car or type in the VIN number. it works better with IE, i have a problem using it with firefox.
I know, with Firefox, the sign up page got blanked out cos i had to open another window to read the privacy consent crap! IE works well when your joining some sites.

On a happier note, I was able to get the rear calipers with brackets from 2 UNIQUE earlier tonight around 9pm, and i threw everything together around 10pm and got done before 2am. one of the calipers I got from him refused to go in, i kept turning the piston but it would just free wheel even though the part looked way better than my old part. so I just used my old caliper for the right rear with a bracket i got from 2 UNIQUE and the other bracket for my left rear. 2 EBC plain rotors and OEM pads were used and I have to say that 2 UNIQUE was like a God Send!! Real cool guy too, his ride was unrecognizable, it was that BADASSS.

All in all, I have to say you guys made this happen for me. That seized bracket caused my rim to heat up really bad and after coming home from meeting with 2 UNIQUE, I couldnt even put my hand on the rim cos it was so damn hot with the rotor constantly being grabbed by the pads.

Thank you, you guys are life savers!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts