Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read alot about the niteshade deal... alot of people are talking about wetsanding.

What exactly do you do to acheive this... sanding something that is wet?

So.. you would get like 200 grit, and work your way up to 1000 grit sand paper, sanding it, then apply niteshade, then after a few coats, sand it while wet? then spray a few more coats, then clear coat? Idk, ive read about 500 niteshade threads and still cannot find a clear cut answer.

I just got the idea that you want to sand down your tails before spraying them or they will = crap.
I heard wetsanding will look way better and then to top it off clear coating it...

If anyone has any clue to this, pls help :3_frusty:

·
K, you buy me sniper nao!
1,555 Posts
I sanded mine with 2000 grit, not 200. Ill do em for you if you would like (Ive done my tails, Tatoo's heads/tails, 05BlackTiburonAdz tails too), pm me interested.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
2000 Grit is the way to go. You probably do not need to wet sand the tails before you start, just wash them with Joy. Joy is known to get more grime and crap off of anything to prep the part to be painted. After you get the NiteShade to the darkness you want, do a light wetsanding (spray water on the surface to be sanded and keep the sandpaper wet and clean) to smooth out any orange peel or ripple affect from the painting process. Do not sand too much because it will decrease the darkness of the tails. Follow with light coats of a glossy clear. Force Fed Flesh wetsanded his after the clear and then polished. I am not sure if you always need to wetsand after the clear is done or only in between coats to keep the clear smooth. Follow with a polish to make it a glossy as possible. It is also very important to give adequate time to dry in between coats. Too many people are too excited to complete the process and that is when you will F it up. Patience Daniel San!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
you dont have to wetsand...as many people have done it...i just clear coated mine...i sanded.....nightshaded to desired darkness...and clearcoated a few layers.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts