Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
what exactly is the differnece between a normal shock (let's say the eibach pro shocks) and the Koni Yellow shocks (adjustable inserts)??? and why is it so much harder to install?
The Koni's are basically just the guts of the strut. You have to actually cut open your stock strut body, remove the stock strut insides and install the Koni strut into the stock strut body. With the Eibach struts they are a complete strut ready to repace your stock parts. The reason alot of people do all of the extra work for the Koni's is because they're adjustable, the Eibachs are not.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Koni's are basically just the guts of the strut. You have to actually cut open your stock strut body, remove the stock strut insides and install the Koni strut into the stock strut body. With the Eibach struts they are a complete strut ready to repace your stock parts. The reason alot of people do all of the extra work for the Koni's is because they're adjustable, the Eibachs are not.

cool thanks a lot for the response!! so you've mentioned that the koni's are adjustable...is that for stiffness only or does it also affect ride height?

on a side note...do you know which set of springs will give me the lowest drop?

Yorick

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
cool thanks a lot for the response!! so you've mentioned that the koni's are adjustable...is that for stiffness only or does it also affect ride height?

on a side note...do you know which set of springs will give me the lowest drop?

Yorick
It's just the stiffness that's adjustable. I don't know off hand what the lowest drop springs are, try searching around.

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
btw...the lowest spring are Dropzones...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.