Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my v6 a few months ago. the guy before me straight piped it and did a resonator delete. I plan on getting a cold air intake and headers as some of my first mods but I can’t find good headers anywhere. What are good headers that are still being made and aren’t hard to find in 2022 and where can I get them.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,093 Posts
Maintec or Hurricane headers are the only ones still in production. They cost upwards of $1000+ depending on import and shipping fees. There's a few SSA clones out there like DNA motoring headers that do an OK job but often need to be modified to fit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just checked for you as I’m in Aus. Hurricane and wildcat headers are still in production here or made to order to suit 2002-2006. Wildcat headers are cheaper but looks like it doesn’t come with the front pipe whereas the hurricanes do.

Not sure how’d you go about international shipping. Maybe shoot them an email.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I just checked for you as I’m in Aus. Hurricane and wildcat headers are still in production here or made to order to suit 2002-2006. Wildcat headers are cheaper but looks like it doesn’t come with the front pipe whereas the hurricanes do.

Not sure how’d you go about international shipping. Maybe shoot them an email.
Interesting I've never heard of either one of those. The Hurricane one says out of stock as well though, so may not actually be in production anymore. That's also a very interesting y-pipe design, I guess they're trying to equal out the length from the block but I would think that loop would be a bit restrictive.

And yeah, depending on shipping cost that could be an expensive proposition.

SSA actually still shows some on their website: Exhaust Header for 2.7L Hyundai Tiburon GT (GK) 07-08 F/L2 V6 DOHC - SSAutoChrome Inc.
But the last time I tried to contact them they never responded. They used to have another set listed for 03 to 06 Tibs, and I wanted to know what the difference was since the engine and exhaust up to the cats is all the same as far as I know. I'm running aftermarket stock replacements that were advertised for 03 to 06 but they fit my 07 fine.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,093 Posts
Hurricane still produces headers but it's on a per order basis. I'm talking with someone in a private conversation that has just purchased a set of Hurricane headers a couple of weeks ago

Bicycle part Wood Sculpture Art Metal

SSA does not have stock. I've tried ordering from them 2 separate times and they failed to communicate whether they could deliver. One time I ordered the 03-06 variant and the other time I ordered the 07-08 variant... Then I mysteriously receive a refund after about 4-6 weeks. SSA aka XSPower should be considered dead and no longer a manufacturer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my v6 a few months ago. the guy before me straight piped it and did a resonator delete. I plan on getting a cold air intake and headers as some of my first mods but I can’t find good headers anywhere. What are good headers that are still being made and aren’t hard to find in 2022 and where can I get them.
I have some DC Sports headers that i’m selling for $600. I was going to put them in myself but figured it wasn’t worth it to. They don’t seem to make them anymore for the Tib, so I’d be happy to help someone else reach there goal. Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I have some DC Sports headers that i’m selling for $600. I was going to put them in myself but figured it wasn’t worth it to. They don’t seem to make them anymore for the Tib, so I’d be happy to help someone else reach there goal. Let me know if interested.
Could be a scammer here, be careful.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The price of the hurricanes aren’t too bad considering the amount of engineering and fab involved to produce them. The price should be in AUD so it’d be about $760 usd. It says back order available so it’d be made to order I believe.
Exhausts aren’t cheap these days. I just got a full 2.5” system (minus the headers) on my 2.0 Elantra and it cost me $1500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for the offer. I made this post to be able to look at my options and save accordingly. I don’t have the money to buy them now but if you still have them when I get the money I will definitely take them off of your hands

1 - 10 of 10 Posts