Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,668 Posts

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
how much prep needs to be done for painting, and should i get a can of factory paint to match it? or should i just got get a highgloss white?
Probably just clean it, maybe primer it so it stays on better? Maybe not.. not sure if you'd need to fine sand it or anything, but Clean it is of course a must. Then paint and clear coat if you want.

You can just get a high gloss white paint, I doubt you would be able to tell much if any difference and it would probably be cheaper

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably just clean it, maybe primer it so it stays on better? Maybe not.. not sure if you'd need to fine sand it or anything, but Clean it is of course a must. Then paint and clear coat if you want.

You can just get a high gloss white paint, I doubt you would be able to tell much if any difference and it would probably be cheaper
thanks much man, im like a total moron when it comes to paint.
so get a highgloss white and then a thing of clear coat?

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
thanks much man, im like a total moron when it comes to paint.
so get a highgloss white and then a thing of clear coat?
Yep. After you paint it white, you will have to let it sit and dry over night, then very finely wet sand it I am figuring and then clear coat so you get no imperfections from it. Clearcoat isn't really needed but I think it would probably give it a nicer appearance.

And I love your Exterior BTW ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep. After you paint it white, you will have to let it sit and dry over night, then very finely wet sand it I am figuring and then clear coat so you get no imperfections from it. Clearcoat isn't really needed but I think it would probably give it a nicer appearance.

And I love your Exterior BTW ;)
Thanks alot for all the help, and hearing that from someone i have looked up to for modding means alot man. Thank you

·
Pete: The Man
5,916 Posts
Your car looks good man. You should think about painting the door handles.....it goes well with the color scheme ;) But there ARE ther options to making you engine bay look clean. Powercoating is not that expensive, and can turn the whole engine bay around. You should have seen mine before what it looks like now.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your car looks good man. You should think about painting the door handles.....it goes well with the color scheme ;) But there ARE ther options to making you engine bay look clean. Powercoating is not that expensive, and can turn the whole engine bay around. You should have seen mine before what it looks like now.
yeah, the powdercoating idea came across my mind once or twice, but what i think i was going to do is what until im ready to get boosted, and then do it all. I have plans to hopefully be boosted in the next 10-12 months, it just depends on how mod crazy i get and how much money is coming in.

and the door hands are a good idea, ill have to look into that. anyone got a set of white door handles they wanna part with? lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
Put all the Plastic's bacl in... Paint them White and throw some clear coat on them. It would be easy to clean cause of the clear coat. But def put those plasitics back in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.