Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am planning on getting a set of the stock 17" rims and painting them. I cant decide which color would look best on a carbon blue tib... I was thinking black with silver lip, straight black, gunmetal with silver lip, or straight gunmetal. And I was gonna get some badges painted by Anthony/FFF and wanted the outer circle to match which ever I went with...

Thanks for the input!

-Cameron

PS: I mean the outer circle of the wheel caps

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
maybe black with a red lip and then paint your calipers red to match?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just do straight black. Anythign like a silver/polished lip is so played out its sickening. I did mine flat black on a TIdal Wave blue tib and i love it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe black with a red lip and then paint your calipers red to match?
Ya i got my calipers painted, that might be cool i'll play around with photoshop or something and do a test run to see how it would look lol

Just do straight black. Anythign like a silver/polished lip is so played out its sickening. I did mine flat black on a TIdal Wave blue tib and i love it.
ya, i wasnt sure if i should do flat or gloss black either. flat would be pretty cool like you were saying

·
Registered
757 Posts
black with a chrome lip, if they sell like chrome paint or spray paint.

if not go strait burple.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Use to have my car with straight up black stocks. It looks nice man, you wont regret it. I regret getting black with chrome lip..all black makes the car looks aggressive.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i would do either straight gunmetal or the goldish bronze. Every single person on here does the black with crome lip and I think it looks butt.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i would powdercoat them to look flat black

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Paint them in gold or bronze. Please don't be like everyone else and their mother and do black rims.

I've seen 7 Tibs driving around my town and 2 tibs for sale at used car lots. All 9 had black wheels with a polished lip. Sad!

·
Registered
5 Posts
just bought a new 08 tib changed rims second day having it probly have 50 miles on originals from the dealership ill sell for 300 pluse ship what ever it is im in utah so little closer than some of these guys out of the usa

1 - 20 of 28 Posts