Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

What color rims?

1K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  tuscaniblu3 
#1 ·
Ok so I am planning on getting a set of the stock 17" rims and painting them. I cant decide which color would look best on a carbon blue tib... I was thinking black with silver lip, straight black, gunmetal with silver lip, or straight gunmetal. And I was gonna get some badges painted by Anthony/FFF and wanted the outer circle to match which ever I went with...

Thanks for the input!

-Cameron

PS: I mean the outer circle of the wheel caps

See less See more
#4 ·
Ya i got my calipers painted, that might be cool i'll play around with photoshop or something and do a test run to see how it would look lol

Just do straight black. Anythign like a silver/polished lip is so played out its sickening. I did mine flat black on a TIdal Wave blue tib and i love it.
ya, i wasnt sure if i should do flat or gloss black either. flat would be pretty cool like you were saying

#3 ·
Just do straight black. Anythign like a silver/polished lip is so played out its sickening. I did mine flat black on a TIdal Wave blue tib and i love it.

#6 ·
Use to have my car with straight up black stocks. It looks nice man, you wont regret it. I regret getting black with chrome lip..all black makes the car looks aggressive.

#12 ·
i would do either straight gunmetal or the goldish bronze. Every single person on here does the black with crome lip and I think it looks butt.

#16 ·
Paint them in gold or bronze. Please don't be like everyone else and their mother and do black rims.

I've seen 7 Tibs driving around my town and 2 tibs for sale at used car lots. All 9 had black wheels with a polished lip. Sad!

#21 ·
Haha I want those blue rims!! I'd like to buy some aftermarket ones in the color I want but I dont have the money for that right now. Theres a local set for $100 that I'm looking at getting and another for $200 with new tires if they end up getting new wheels so I'd be saving a lot and still get a decent look from my messed up stock 16s...

#28 · (Edited)
Go gunmetal or hyperblack, which is a hint darker than gunmetal. Bronze would be good too. I have a carbon blue tib with hyperblack 5zigens. They work well with chrome headlights with carbon fibre eyelines. Avoid too many colours or your tib will look like a friggen' Christmas tree....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.