Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
listen guys, my best friend joe owns the tibby...he purchased this kit from DK (DMBN, new screen name i think)...the kit runs pretty smooth and pulls pretty hard...we dyno'd our cars last weekend at Carboy and he made 221hp and 210ftlbs on 3 psi...

he would like to know what kind of tuning/standalone/emanage kit would be the best for him...i know i should have just PM'd DK, but i would like to get some more input from ya'll...all i know is that's it's a 60 trim, but i have no clue what questions ya'll are gonna throw at me...any information would help tremendously...

here's a couple pics of his car:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9872/dsc07365qn1.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7378/dscf2951yx7.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2084/dscf2950mz2.jpg
and one of mine for good measure :)

·
Banned
642 Posts
Whats up Carlos. Does you want to go with a Piggy back ? If so I would get a Mafterburner. stage 2 plus with the Wideband so he can tune when he need if he wants to change the Boost !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool...he already has the SAFC and can tune that way, but hew wants something better...he'll be checking up on the forums and looking, but he's not a 'post whore' kinda person like yours truly, HAHA !!!

so Mafetrburner, huh...how much does it cost what vendor would ya'll recommend...do ya'll have vendors on here like SRTForums ???

carlos

·
Banned
642 Posts
kortERHorse_281 said:
cool...he already has the SAFC and can tune that way, but hew wants something better...he'll be checking up on the forums and looking, but he's not a 'post whore' kinda person like yours truly, HAHA !!!

so Mafetrburner, huh...how much does it cost what vendor would ya'll recommend...do ya'll have vendors on here like SRTForums ???

carlos

Yeah you get it from Ngm. There is a sponsor section, just scroll down. There are a couple of version of it. I think from 350 to where i am 650.00 with wide band. This is so much better then what he has. It is laptop based though. tell him to talk to us guys in the Newtiburon Houston Thread. We have a couple Car boosted now . He is the first turbo though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
kortERHorse_281 said:

carlos

The MAFterburner is the exact same thing as an SAFC, except u can change fuel maps +-100% rather than just 50%, but u have to hook up a laptop to do it. That being said, these really are just MAF signal converters. There is no actually fuel map change, its just lying to your ECU. While this is effective, its not near as good as like the Greddy E-Manage. I really have never heard of anyone hooking up any other unit besides an SAFC or a MAFterburner, because these seem to suffice for the tuning were doing. There are genius' on hear that can tell you what you need to do, but if you call Tim at next generation motorsports, he will tell u exactly what u need to be looking at. If anyone knows a thing or two about boosting a tibby, its him. You can find his shop number under the nextgen forum in the sponsors section (i believe that answers your question if we have vendors on here as well :3_winkthu )

-alex

·
Banned
642 Posts
Alex_04_TibGT said:
The MAFterburner is the exact same thing as an SAFC, except u can change fuel maps +-100% rather than just 50%, but u have to hook up a laptop to do it. That being said, these really are just MAF signal converters. There is no actually fuel map change, its just lying to your ECU. While this is effective, its not near as good as like the Greddy E-Manage. I really have never heard of anyone hooking up any other unit besides an SAFC or a MAFterburner, because these seem to suffice for the tuning were doing. There are genius' on hear that can tell you what you need to do, but if you call Tim at next generation motorsports, he will tell u exactly what u need to be looking at. If anyone knows a thing or two about boosting a tibby, its him. You can find his shop number under the nextgen forum in the sponsors section (i believe that answers your question if we have vendors on here as well :3_winkthu )

-alex
Also tell him that Ryan said to give him a Deal ! one more thing. The mafterburner comes with a Mafextender with when you turn the boost up this will help out alot .

·
Banned
642 Posts
kortERHorse_281 said:
nice, i think i'm gonna link this thread on his myspace comments so he can see it, HAHA !!!

thanks guys...any more input from now on is just a plus :)

carlos
Are you still racing back and forth in Mexico ? I have about the very most 2 weeks to have my car Complete. I have to take out my clutch and send it back to Clutch masters and add a few more minor things and this ***** is going to run !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jordan23ryan said:
Are you still racing back and forth in Mexico ? I have about the very most 2 weeks to have my car Complete. I have to take out my clutch and send it back to Clutch masters and add a few more minor things and this ***** is going to run !
yeah, i still run rampid on the streets of mexico...i got a couple more videos...

two races with 2 cobalts...they both jumped the honks big time...i was like WTF ?!?!? HAHA !!!

the red 'superman' cobalt (you prolly know him) has the Intense Stage 2 kit and supposedly was making 270hp to the ground...the yellow one has the GM Stage 3 kit and was making a lil less...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czbCQrjDwLc

me punking a GT that revved at me WHEN I WAS BEHIND HIM going through downtoen LMFAO !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-nXUJfuke0

me during a race fest in the northside, i mean mexico...they last run with the GTO i hit the tail lights at 150mph...check out the flame that lights up underneath my car at 3:34 :)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3GUDy_KoA

carlos

·
Banned
642 Posts
nice Video's. I saw the Backfire. lol thats crazy for it to do that at that speed. Anymore work done to your car yet ?

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
I would deffnitely go with the mafterburner. I just upgraded to the stage 2 mafterburner because I can hook it up to my wideband, and also switch between 2 different fuel maps through an in cabin switch. For complete control I also upgraded the MAF sensor itself, and matched it with a set of 460cc injectors. I have had 0 problems with this set-up, and it is superior to the SAFC. All these products can be purchased through Next Generation Motorsports. But then again I don't know much, just look at my sig...lol

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
kortERHorse_281 said:

carlos
since hes already using the safcii, try throwing in the Zietronix wideband, that should work pretty decently. Or the AFC NEO + Zietronix combo..

·
Registered
234 Posts
For tuning I would say to use one of the ones product by NGM. I currently have an emanage installed on my car. It's nice but if you dont know what you are doing it could be the biggest pain in the *ss. I would really like to hook up my ignition harness for it but I've been told it would fry my coils packs. I've been looking for other possible ways to hook it up but as of now the only thing that I can do with it is tune the fuel. I've also been debating about upgrading to the emanage ultimate to see if it would eliminate the rev limiter and to see if it could give me a little more options.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts