Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-

My goal is to install an Alpine SC by the summer, but I really don't know a whole hell of alot about which mods I would need. I know about catback and CAI, but thats about it. With that being said I have 2 questions: what mods do I NEED before I can install the SC? I already have borla exhaust and AEM SRI, better plugs and wires. Do I need a new clutch/flywheel or would that just be icing on the cake? Also, I've been reading lots on the Alpine SC and I am confused.. both stage 0 and 1 boost 4 psi, but stage 1 has an IC. How does stage 0 stay cool? Can I run my car with a stage 0 because all the websites seem to indicate that its a beginner kit and bolt on.. which in my mind means I can buy it, install it and be good to go, right? I know I'm asking noob questions, but once I get my facts straight I will help in any way I can!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Either stage 0 or stage 1 will be fine for you with your current mods. Anything you add will improve performance, but you don't really need anything more to run the superchargers as far as I know. They are pretty much bolt on and go, even to stock Tibs. If you plan on upgrading to stage 2 though, you'll need more stuff.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the awesome advice. I'm hoping to have the SC on by the summer as I said before. Is it something I can do myself? (keep in mind I build and repair PCs for a living, not cars). Also, In everyone's opinion, what should my next mod be?

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Well theres really nothing you need besides the mounts (so the firewall doesnt get a hole punched in it). But you could consider headers, fuel tuner, clutch/flywheel, new spark plugs and wires. Maybe some suspension mods and maybe stronger brakes. However the point of the alpine stg. 0/1 or base sniper kit is that they're a bolt-on mod basically with nothing else needed. So its all up to you and your budget. If you get those things listed above, then why not get bigger injectors and a 2.75 pulley to up the boost.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lostdestiny14 said:
Well theres really nothing you need besides the mounts (so the firewall doesnt get a hole punched in it). But you could consider headers, fuel tuner, clutch/flywheel, new spark plugs and wires. Maybe some suspension mods and maybe stronger brakes. However the point of the alpine stg. 0/1 or base sniper kit is that they're a bolt-on mod basically with nothing else needed. So its all up to you and your budget. If you get those things listed above, then why not get bigger injectors and a 2.75 pulley to up the boost.

Hey- I was just looking at your cardomain.com page, very nice. As for your comments, very useful. I have been debating headers and a nice clutch, any suggestions? I have heard mixed opinions on XTD, but for $329 shipped for a stage 2.. its tempting. I bought Magnacore wires and nice plugs yesterday and will install them as soon as it stops raining. I wanted to get a SPEC clutch/flywheel, but it would cost around $1800 for parts/install.

What would you recommend the stg 0 alpine or base sniper? Thanks again!

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
machxi said:
Hey- I was just looking at your cardomain.com page, very nice. As for your comments, very useful. I have been debating headers and a nice clutch, any suggestions? I have heard mixed opinions on XTD, but for $329 shipped for a stage 2.. its tempting. I bought Magnacore wires and nice plugs yesterday and will install them as soon as it stops raining. I wanted to get a SPEC clutch/flywheel, but it would cost around $1800 for parts/install.

What would you recommend the stg 0 alpine or base sniper? Thanks again!
Yeah Idk about clutches since Im a auto lol.

But headers it wont really matter which one. Plenty here have been fine with ssa. I woul prefer d/c sports but its like 150 more.

If you have the budget for the icebox from ngm go for the sniper. Someone got 240whp and 200 wtq just just i/h/e+tune on a base sniper. Alpine kits have never seen that high of numbers on their base stg. 0 kit or even possibly stg. 1. Plus svc from Nextgen is excellent and their products are awesome. But if you looking for a cheaper route look in the f/s forums and theres a alpine kit that occasionally pops up for cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts