Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've thought of a side marker light idea - only it doesn't involve the actual use of a side marker (well...one thats' visible anyways).

I'm thinking of placing some LEDs under the mirror assembly..thinking of installing two colors; white and amber. Well, when I unlock the Tib, the white ones will come on...and as for the amber ones, when I activate the turn signals, the amber LEDs will flash - not directly outward so as to shine forward or towards the rear...but down towards the ground. It would cast some light on the door of the car, but mostly on the ground...so when you hit the turn signals, it would create somewhat of a "ground effects" lighting for the turn signals from the mirrors.

What do you all think?

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
It would definitely be different.

I personally wouldn't rock it, but hey, whatever.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
1. Do it.
2. Take pics.
3. Be at the mercy of judgemental NT.com e-geeks.

Sounds like a cool idea bro. If you can pull it off, it could be interesting to see.

-BRR

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
For a turn signal = no, for the light up when the doors open = yes. My brothers new BMW 325i has door handles that light up when you unlock the car at night and then when you open the door there are lights that shine on the ground and they are pretty bright.

·
Registered
356 Posts
yup, great idea! pics and diy would be awesome! I love how Mercedes, etc. light up upon door opening. it creates a "safe" atmosphere at night. I'd definitely do this too if it works out good.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
My next LED lighting kit will be LEDs on the bottom of the door to illuminate the ground under the door when it is open. Is this anything like what you are trying to do?

A single LED shining down from the mirror would not be visible at all in daylight, and barely visible at night, just to let you know. And good luck drilling through the mirror casing.

Let me know if you need any LEDs for the project. I'll sell you small quanaties for much less than RadioShack.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the input guys...Paul is right about the light not showing during the day. It would be more for night time than the day. Another thing I thought of as far as side markers go, was to set a strip of LEDs on the tweeter housing (on the surface nearest the window. When you hit your turn sigs, you should be able to see that if you were in my blindspot. Of course, you as the driver would also be able to see it - especially at night, but if you create some sort of glare shield to place near the LED row, you should be okay. I think I'm gonna go for that idea instead. As for the under-the-door LEDs, that would be a great idea. I thought of that as well. And it would probably be easier to attempt than going under the mirror...which would be a bit harder to do...yet more challenging and unique (well, not unique when Ford and BMW have that already...more unique for the Tibs).

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dammit I think I will! I'll create a DIY for it as well. Hopefully I'll get crackin' on it in the next few weeks or so.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
If anyone needs LEDs, let me know!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
i put blinker's in my mirror that blink anytime my turn signal blinks but there not really a side marke. there more like the arrows on the newer cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts