Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aright guys, I'm getting ready to overhaul the tib. I gotta call next gen, but in the mean time, what kind of whp do you think I'd get out of this setup? And what else do you think I need?

Assassin Supercharger Kit
Clutchmasters/Fidanza Flywheel Kit Stage III
DC Sports Headers
Fidanza Adj. Cam Gears
Nology Hot Wires
NGK Irridium IX Plugs
Injen Short Ram Intake
Injen Catback
Upgraded Fuel Pump
Motor mounts
Oil catch can

· Banned
825 Posts
well that should get you to 270whp with the base Assassin kit. Turning up the boost atm is not the best thing, if you want to play over 300 whp you will need to add some bottom end work ! I have the setup and it is Crazy !

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So all those mods will only net me 270whp? What kind of 1/4 mile times do you think that will run?

What might I want to upgrade in the engine? Just new pistons?

Edit..let me also ask you who have a similar setup....Whats this feel like? I've never had a fast car or even been in one. What kind of rush is it? I've rode 10 second sportbikes, and bikes are fast, but im sure fast cars feel completely different.

Thanks,
Jason

· pass dat....
5,210 Posts
Aright guys, I'm getting ready to overhaul the tib. I gotta call next gen, but in the mean time, what kind of whp do you think I'd get out of this setup? And what else do you think I need?

Assassin Supercharger Kit
Clutchmasters/Fidanza Flywheel Kit Stage III
DC Sports Headers
Fidanza Adj. Cam Gears
Nology Hot Wires
NGK Irridium IX Plugs
Injen Short Ram Intake
Injen Catback
Upgraded Fuel Pump
Motor mounts
Oil catch can

Well I would go with a clutchmasters stage 4, ditch the cam gears because you really won't need them. Same with the short ram, ditch it, it won't fit the assassin. You will just have to buy some pipeing and make one yourself or rig op the stock one with a K&N filter like I did. You really should go wit the NGM evac system over the catch can as well.

Other than that you are on the right track! This should get you in the 280-300whp range. With slicks you will be able to get into the low 13's and if you are a really skilled driver high 12's.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will the Injen CAI fit?

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was reading on here about how uncomfortable the stage 4 clutch is. This is my daily driver, and I dont want to get too frustrated shifting. Cant the stage 3 handle this much hp?

Also, I have another question if someone can answer it. Since I'm having the whole engine ripped apart, is it a simple matter to replace the timing belt at this time? I have 40,000 miles on the engine.

· Registered
5,243 Posts
I was reading on here about how uncomfortable the stage 4 clutch is. This is my daily driver, and I dont want to get too frustrated shifting. Cant the stage 3 handle this much hp?

Also, I have another question if someone can answer it. Since I'm having the whole engine ripped apart, is it a simple matter to replace the timing belt at this time? I have 40,000 miles on the engine.
With that setup, you absolutely need the stage 4. My stage 4 shifts great as a daily driver. Just ease out on 1st gear and give it hardly any throttle until it moves and no problem. All 5 gears on mine shift smoother than the OEM clutch.

· Registered
1,471 Posts
I went [email protected] with 289whp on my Assassin on slicks. I would get a stage IIII clutch for sure.

· pass dat....
5,210 Posts
A lot of people say the stage 4 isn't streetable, but how many of them have actually driven one. I have a stage 4 and didn't even notice a difference as far as driveability is concerned.

The TB isn't even close to the stock location with the assassin, No CAI or SRI will work with it. You will just have to cut the pipeing to make it fit. Thats why you are better off buying some pipe from summit raceing or something like that, plus its cheap. You can see in this pic you really don't need much:

I also have the NGM 85mm MAF on the car as well.

· Registered
1,471 Posts
I just used one piece out of my CAI and made it a SRI. I'm waiting on the NGM 85MM throttle body and MAF setup to be completed. Then the intake side will be good to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.