Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I know there’s a lot more you can do with this car but I’m not looking for anything crazy. so here’s my plan for mods so far.

when I got the car it came with a straight pipe and resonator delete

I want to put the headers from shark racing in

a cold air intake

so Far that is what I am for sure getting and I would like to know what my hp/speed gains will be. Right now I get like a 9.5 0-6. Would it be worth switching to a catback exhaust system?

·
Registered
89 Posts
straight pipe is the best you could get *for performance that is. no res and no mufflers just sounds awfull.
once someone told me... :p
I/H/E will increase your power from about 110whp to around 150whp. And up to 160whp with a tune.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,165 Posts
From your previous posts it looks like you have a 2.7L V6 which is approximately 140-145WHP from the factory if you have a manual transmission. With headers, a CAI and free flowing catback exhaust you are looking at around 175-180WHP. A friend of mine dyno'd his N/A car with I/H/E on a 4wd dyno dynamics and clocked 176WHP... That dyno is notorious for under reporting power figures on FWD cars. Another friend dyno'd his similar setup at 186WHP on a DynoJet which is notorious for over reporting power figures.

If you port your upper and lower intakes and give your throttle body a good reshaping and polish without touching the 55mm bore, you can pickup a another 5-10WHP. With a tune expect around 190-200WHP.

Reactions: thijsp

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From your previous posts it looks like you have a 2.7L V6 which is approximately 140-145WHP from the factory if you have a manual transmission. With headers, a CAI and free flowing catback exhaust you are looking at around 175-180WHP. A friend of mine dyno'd his N/A car with I/H/E on a 4wd dyno dynamics and clocked 176WHP... That dyno is notorious for under reporting power figures on FWD cars. Another friend dyno'd his similar setup at 186WHP on a DynoJet which is notorious for over reporting power figures.

If you port your upper and lower intakes and give your throttle body a good reshaping and polish without touching the 55mm bore, you can pickup a another 5-10WHP. With a tune expect around 190-200WHP.
Thanks a ton that’s exactly the information I needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts