Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to change my exhaust on the tib, to get some better performance and let her breathe better. Now the thing is I don't want something that's going to be louder than stock really. It's not that I don't want a rice sound, but it's more because I need a car that looks and sounds normal for job purposes.

Also, what would happen if I just get performance headers and leave the rest, will it help at all?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
before someone flames you for posting that question before searching previous posts, I'll answer it. the Borla catback exhaust is supposedly the quietest one out there, being barely louder than exhaust and a good quality exhaust.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
You'd be fine with any of them. If you want quiet, stay away from SSA.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Just to let you know... any aftermarket exhaust is going to be very noticably louder than stock, no matter whhich one is the "quietest" or whatever. My custom single 2.5" with an Apex'i N1 is called a "sleeper" exhaust by many, because it is so quiet, but believe me- it is still quite a bit louder than stock.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for not flaming in the search boyz.

Basically what I need is something that's not gonna make my car look or sound like a young punk's car. I'm applying to Police Services right now and can't be driving up to an interview in a car that'll do that...

That being said, I want an exhaust though

·
Registered
981 Posts
ssa has to be the quietest one out there, especially with headers, sounds so quiet, u would think u have ear plugs on

i hope someone knows im being sarcastic

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
ssa has to be the quietest one out there, especially with headers, sounds so quiet, u would think u have ear plugs on

i hope someone knows im being sarcastic
You better stop... Noobs might take you seriously.. haha

·
Registered
981 Posts
yea lol, next thing i know, i'll be getting pms saying"really, it sounds that quiet"

·
Registered
495 Posts
Get Borla, or ARK. ARK is quieter than my Borla was, from what I have heard.
Negative. The ARK is definately louder than my Borla was.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Custom Single Exit ftw, with a fat muffler plumbed somewhere in the exhaust. ''Dual'' exhaust causes drone and is typically louder than a single setup. And as for if you put header but keep the rest of the exhaust stock, yeah it'll help, but it will be a bottleneck. Exhaust is going to get choked up

·
Registered
952 Posts
Get Borla, or ARK. ARK is quieter than my Borla was, from what I have heard.
When I get headers we can do a side by side comparison

For everyone else, at idle sam's car is all you can hear when were side by side. It may be the headers tho

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Negative. The ARK is definately louder than my Borla was.
Really...that's odd. I have a Borla, but I have headers, and tibin-in-ricon up there has the ARK dual N2 or whatever. Like he said, when we had them sitting beside each other idling, mine was definitely louder. It may have been the newness on his though. Mike has your exhaust gotten any louder?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mussa dual angle isn't that loud, imo. It drones around 3k rpm.. But if you get the silencers it's pretty quiet.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Really...that's odd. I have a Borla, but I have headers, and tibin-in-ricon up there has the ARK dual N2 or whatever. Like he said, when we had them sitting beside each other idling, mine was definitely louder. It may have been the newness on his though. Mike has your exhaust gotten any louder?

not really just less drone

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have the single Ti and Hotshots, maybe the duals aren't as loud as the singles?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Borla is the quietest aftermarket exhaust and it is still very much louder than stock. It's also a whole lot louder on the inside of the car, expecially for the first week or so.

If you want an aftermarket exhaust no louder than stock...well, good luck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts