Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is acura getting rid of the RSX they have no 2007 listed on there site and msn.com had no listing for it at all under new cars for acura? or are they just totaly redoing the car for 2007? and have not released anything for the new year yet?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
qbytiburon said:
is acura getting rid of the RSX they have no 2007 listed on there site and msn.com had no listing for it at all under new cars for acura? or are they just totaly redoing the car for 2007? and have not released anything for the new year yet?
The rsx was discontinued man.

·
Registered
479 Posts
They killed it b/c the civic si was basically the same thing, acura didn't need it in the lineup.

·
Registered
898 Posts
What are car companies thinking nowadays? Discontinuing cars that have great racing heritage for slow, ugly, box cars

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The new concept should be released this season of auto shows.

Rumour is for 2008, the 2.3L turbo out of the RDX tuned more for a light weight car then a SUV. Rumour is close to 260-280hp range. I think this is because everyone needs a turbo and a lot of horsepower in their cars.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i would love a 2.3l Turbo in a Type-S
i was lookin at the Type-S's before i got my Tibby, but i couldnt afford one with low enuff miles, so i got my Tibby and i love it

·
Banned
312 Posts
RudyH said:
The new concept should be released this season of auto shows.

Rumour is for 2008, the 2.3L turbo out of the RDX tuned more for a light weight car then a SUV. Rumour is close to 260-280hp range. I think this is because everyone needs a turbo and a lot of horsepower in their cars.
Never going to happen.

·
Registered
622 Posts
werd acura will do better as a luxury brand rather then having a sport compact in its midst it was really a matter of time.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
GTea said:
Never going to happen.
Based on your uncles, friends, sisters, sales managers, president of Hondas words?

There is plenty of room to grow the coupe now that the NSX is getting an AWD V10 in 2009.
For some reason I don't think Honda is as stupid as Hyundai, and just sit on a crappy product while others take off.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Based on the original press release when the RSX discontinuation was announced. Acura is moving forward with its luxury division, the TSX was designed to fill the RSX's void, offering a lower end model available to customers in that budget range.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The RSX was basically only there to attract entry-level buyers to the Acura brand. I've heard that they plan to introduce some kind of TSX coupe, but who knows if that will happen or not.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
aLiEn_sPoReZ said:
In the US: Trunk > Hatchback
Explain then:
GTI
Rabbit
New Beetle
350Z
Audi TT
MINI Cooper
Eclipse
tC

All sell very well in the US. Again, that used to be the case but no so much any more.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
o i liked the rsx surprised its going. i liked the rsx more then new si's... o well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
From a performance standpoint, the tc would be 100 times better if it didnt have the roof + the hatch. It would weigh more like a 03 lx civic than a loaded tiburon

Trunk = stiffer chassis
NovaResource said:
Explain then:
GTI
Rabbit
New Beetle
350Z
Audi TT
MINI Cooper
Eclipse
tC

All sell very well in the US. Again, that used to be the case but no so much any more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts