·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
ap,

All you need is a set of igniters. The problem isn't the OEM coils it's how to fire them. Using RX7 Igniters or a MSD DIS2 is all you need. The OEM ECU has internal igniters that trigger the coils, the PRS-2 does not. Hince the need for external igniters. My suggestion would be to buy a MSD DIS2 because not only do you get the igniters you need but you get multiple spark discharge and a higher voltage for better burn.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Ummmm.... dude,
May not be such a great plan. RX-7's have a 2 rotor motor with 2 spark plugs per rotor.
the leading and trailing spark plug coils dont even look to be the same as each other.
just plain bad plan.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't understand too good the difference in them. i think i'll just don't buy them for this moment. maybe later i'll be able to manage the ignition with the reflash and now only leave this alone. i don't know what's igniter and what's the difference between the ignition coil and igniter. i think i should leave alone the things i don't understand and start from the things i can manage easily

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
The difference between and igniter and a coil are this. A coil pack is what stores the electrical current that is sent down the plug wires to the plugs. The igniter is the device that tells the coils when to send this current to the plugs. Now I oversimplified this explanation but I think you get the point.
Oh and Ap, you'll be fine up to 15psi without controlling timing. Just get a wideband so you can keep a close eye on your air fuel ratios. If you haven't already upgrade to a Walbro 190lph pump for safety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts