Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2001 tib with the 2.0L in it. I'm about to buy a turbo kit for it and I need help finding out what fuel injectors to get. I can't seem to find any that are for Tiburons between
99-02. Although I did find a set that fit the 2005 Tiburon does anyone know if they will fit an 01'. Any help would very much be appreciated

·
Registered
127 Posts
All nissan Z cars have the exact same style/shape injector. Z cars are twice the size or more than your car (200cc) i got a turbo i4 and I took injectors from a Maxima (300 or 350cc) and they are plenty big for 13 lbs boost with 60 psi fuel pressure.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I take that back, the injectors are exactly the same as 2003 and up. Mine is 2000. for your 2001 it will be the same, get 2-3" of wire harness pigtail from the car at wrecking yard. You will need to change the wire harness connector. Do good clean work, and you can get larger injectors for nearly nothing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
So I have a 2001 tib with the 2.0L in it. I'm about to buy a turbo kit for it and I need help finding out what fuel injectors to get. I can't seem to find any that are for Tiburons between
99-02. Although I did find a set that fit the 2005 Tiburon does anyone know if they will fit an 01'. Any help would very much be appreciated
A kit from where?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is ur Tib an RD2 ? (Round headlights) correct me if I’m wrong but I believe u need some Bosch style injectors. EV1 Square plug type. The green Bosch 440cc would be my choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is ur Tib an RD2 ? (Round headlights) correct me if I’m wrong but I believe u need some Bosch style injectors. EV1 Square plug type. The green Bosch 440cc would be my choice.
Yes it does have the round headlights.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm still trying to find out ho

440cc should be big enough to run over 10lbs of boost correct.
Possibly, but it's going to be close.

Before I had 350cc injectors and was running lean around 8-10 lbs.

Currently I have 550cc and they're maxing out around 15 psi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im
Possibly, but it's going to be close.

Before I had 350cc injectors and was running lean around 8-10 lbs.

Currently I have 550cc and they're maxing out around 15 psi.
I'm planning of running upwards of 20lbs of boost, after I bore out the engine and replace the pistons with a set of forged .5 over. I'm looking for injectors that will be able to handle it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
im

I'm planning of running upwards of 20lbs of boost, after I bore out the engine and replace the pistons with a set of forged .5 over. I'm looking for injectors that will be able to handle it.
You're going to need WAAAAY bigger injectors if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
12 Posts
U can get modified and flowed Bosch 1000cc injectors on eBay that look identical to the Bosch 440cc. They are stating Bosch internals. It might be as simple as getting some of those. I believe the old mustang injectors are a direct fit as well.

Talk to Pa Tuners on YouTube as I think he runs 1000cc injectors in his RD2. see what he recommends

1 - 18 of 18 Posts