Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like a stupid ? from a noob (nothing against noobs....we were all one at one point in time). So what is it and what does it do? I tried searching and didnt come up with anything, and I tried looking under NGM site and that wasnt much help. Thanks for any input and little bashing :3_wink:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for dayshift people...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
its a fuel tuner made by NGM. U splice into ECU wires to connect it. Then u mount the box somewhere in ur car. It comes with a CD u load on a laptop and a USB cord to connect to. Go to a dyno shop (with the laptop) and get the car tunned. All it does is allow u to adjust the amount of fuel going it at diffrent RPMs to give u best Air to fuel ratio for best HP numers of your setup.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
From what I understand, although he does not manufacturer it, TC (Nextgn) has a tiburon specific model. I bought mine form TC, I installed it, and he dyno-tuned it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
piggyback fuel tuner that comes pretuned but you can fine tune it at a dyno.
How will you know how to fine tune it though.I have the lap top and can find a place to go and get a dyno done.But how will I know how I need to tune it.Is it a no brainer?I need to know if I need to start training now for when I get ready to buy it next year.Thank you Croc.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
It shows you how to in the install video and theres a tech guide also with the software. Or do what i do and get one of the guys out here to show you.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
the program looked decently simple from what i saw and when i went with a friend to the dyno basically he sat in the car and the guy would say when to go and after the run would help show my friend where he needed to add or subtract fuel

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The dyno shop should be able to assist with the proper ratios

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thank you.Thats cool sounds like we can figure it out.I looked at that web site for Mafterburner and I do not see one for a Tib on there?I am going to NGM for mine.Croc.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awsome, thanks everyone for the help. Think I'll wait till I get the IM and a few more things, before I go get all that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts