Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

What is the best sounding intake & exhaust?

561 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Roost3r 
#1 ·
I am looking to make my first performance modification (which i will probably only make a few of) and I am thinking about an intake. Now, I'm not so much worried about performance (i know to go with a CAI for that) but I am going for a specific sound. I want my engine to have a lower hum... maybe more like a Ferrari than a ricer. Nothing against ricers with their loud exhausts but I'm just definitely not going for that sound at all. I want a lower hum/growl when going fast.. but nothing high pitched. Wow this sounds like the dumbest post ever.. anyway. Which SRI or CAI will give my car the noise that I am looking for. As far as I have read an SRI is probably louder than a CAI, so I was thinking an Injen. Not sure though. I know one mod isn't going to change everything about the sound I am trying to achieve, but it's a start. Second part of this question (maybe 3-4 months down the road) is which exhaust will give it the lower hum when slow then deep growl when going fast.. not the loud ricer sound?

#3 ·
staw512 said:
everyone is gonna have their own opinion, and everyone is gonna say something diff, this is something you gotta decide on ur own
I know everybody will say theirs is the best but judging from my description I figured that there could be somewhat of a consensus for that particular sound. I know some people LOVE the loud high pitched ricer exhaust sound and I'm going for the exact opposite.

#4 · (Edited)
I swear if I see you start up 1 more post before you learn how to drive a stick!!! I'm coming over there

but for real.....all combinations are gonna sound different. I mean I don't thik there are any 2 people who have the exact same set up, I mean it might be something small like...different filter. I would say that Greddy (mine) has about the lowest, deepest sound. I mean The car will be on & you can't really hear it. Mussa is LOUD. SSA is pretty loud too. As for intakes.....they are all about the same, but once you put o on aan exhuast you won't hear it anyways

#5 ·
SharkOutOf Water said:
I swear if I see you start up 1 more post before you learn how to drive a stick!!! I'm coming over there
I am a regular Dale Jr. now! I've had the car well over 2 weeks! Haha! I did promise you to not post, didn't I? I owe you 2 bucks.

#7 ·
SharkOutOf Water said:

but for real.....all combinations are gonna sound different. I mean I don't thik there are any 2 people who have the exact same set up, I mean it might be something small like...different filter. I would say that Greddy (mine) has about the lowest, deepest sound. I mean The car will be on & you can't really hear it. Mussa is LOUD. SSA is pretty loud too. As for intakes.....they are all about the same, but once you put o on aan exhuast you won't hear it anyways
I swear if I see another thread like this I'm going to kill the poster.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!

#8 ·
Elixar said:
I swear if I see another thread like this I'm going to kill the poster.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!
Just kill me instead. I did a 20 second search and didn't "immediately" find the exact post I wanted so I started up a new one. ;) Lazy? Maybe. Guess I shouldn't admit that, eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.