Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was cleaning my engine today and I see this. Sorry I'm such a newb, but this wouldn't be my radiator hose correct? What exactly is it? And what can I do to fix it, just ductape or electrical tape that bad boy and wait to replace it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats your air conditioning line, and no its no broken its just a type of insulation.
thats part of your AC system

i think its just insulation, should be fine unless its leaking
Ok thanks guys, yea when I turned on my AC today I heard an odd noise but I didn't really think anything of it, guess I should have. Should I just ductape it up?

·
Registered
740 Posts
you dont need to do anything to it really.. its not that important.. if you really want to you can throw something on there but its totally not necessary

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
my a/c has been broken for about a year and a half now here in california.... it sucks. :(

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
nope, just broken. I vented the freon while doing a header install a while back, then tried to refill it, thought it was good but it just kept slowly leaking freon. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
that sucks, and i bet you a shop would charge you an arm and a leg to even look at it. More than likely something came loose. It wouldnt be the first time something on a tiburon just came loose.

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
what is ac?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
solidandre, i request that you wear shirts in your avatar pictures......mainly because if i were to do that, i would get arrested, there are state laws stopping me from taking off my shirt lulz....i love bein fat

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
yea i vented mine and refilled it but its not as cold as before. its like mild air lol
huh.... maybe we need to replace a washer or w/e on the line where it's vented? Might be a crush washer just like with... oh say.... the oil drain plug washer.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
huh.... maybe we need to replace a washer or w/e on the line where it's vented? Might be a crush washer just like with... oh say.... the oil drain plug washer.
not sure but i released the freeon and i refilled it with 2 cans. ran cold for a bit then went mild, works but its not super cold.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Just a heads up for those of you that vent your freon during a header install.. you can't just fill it back up - it is never going to work... the system needs to be vacuumed out first, and it also will need the proper oil charge put back in with the freon... otherwise.. the compressor is going to end up "freezing" up and being ruined...

That junction block seals in the freon with a rubber o-ring... if it leaking, that o-ring will need to be replaced... but again.. you need to have the air vacuumed out first...

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Just a heads up for those of you that vent your freon during a header install.. you can't just fill it back up - it is never going to work... the system needs to be vacuumed out first, and it also will need the proper oil charge put back in with the freon... otherwise.. the compressor is going to end up "freezing" up and being ruined...

That junction block seals in the freon with a rubber o-ring... if it leaking, that o-ring will need to be replaced... but again.. you need to have the air vacuumed out first...
many thanks for the advice unholy :3_worship

·
I
1,319 Posts

:3_worship:3_worship:3_worship:3_worship:3_worship
I swear you know more about cars as a whole than anyone I've ever seen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts