Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

what kinda mod would you get?

776 views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Trevor 
#1 ·
alright, so here's the deal, the tibby is bone stock, and i'm getting tired of it. i'm workin over the xmas break, prolly gettin some cash for xmas, then gettin a lot of money back from my student loan. I wanna get something for my car, maybe even 2 or 3 things depending on price, but i'm not sure exactly what I wanna get. i have the gt mtx. I don't really wanna spend more than 250-300 bucks. 300 being the absolute max, for something that would be a must have kinda thing. anyways, if you were in my situation, what would you get? one more expensive thing, or a few cheaper thing? i don't really prefer looks or performance since an intake isn't gonna give me much power, but just a nicer sound.

any suggestions?

#9 ·
CAI would probably be the most satisfying.

You could tint your windows for around $200 I'm sure.

There are plenty of other cheap mods.

Tuscani badges.
S2000 antenna.
Red out tails.
KDM aluminum pedals or other KDM trim pieces.
Short shifter.
Head unit.
Scanguage II.
Many interior trim pieces from Unholy in the sales forum.

I'm sure you can even find an exhaust for $300 if you search hard enough and don't care about brand name.

#10 ·
soCo said:
same but im debating whether to get a header or catback next :3_yummie:
Save up and get both at the same time or if you have to get something first, get a catback, because if you get headers first, your stock exhaust is going to be a huge bottleneck

#11 ·
RedTibby04 said:
Get a CAI Tim, sounds awesome, and you feel the difference. You could also get a grounding kit and voltage stabilizer.

You still want to CC your headlights?

yeah, I'm still wanting to CC the headlights. i'll have to give you a call after the break, and maybe we could work on that over the weekend. i totally forgot about that one. haha

#13 ·
DarkSouledSRT said:
Save up and get both at the same time or if you have to get something first, get a catback, because if you get headers first, your stock exhaust is going to be a huge bottleneck
Yeah thats what im HOPING to do. Trying to get DC or hotshot headers with a borla catback so that's going to be pricy.

All this depends on if i sell the car sitting in my driveway taking up space too.... :3_frown:

#14 ·
Go with a CAI / SRI. Injen or AEM doesn't matter. Yes, it will sound better but you DO feel this difference contrary to what you said in your first post. Spend the rest on what you want....STS, trim pieces, dinner and a show, bills, etc.

I really need to get down to GA and meet some of you folks sometime. I have yet to meet any of the guys off NT.com to check out ya'lls rides. But you know how it is when you gots kids and a family.

#15 ·
keep us informed on when u do come down. check SEU and maybe we can set something up if ur coming near Atl

#18 ·
Buffdaddy18 said:
i thought i heard someone say that nobody is ever on SEU anymore? i was gonna sign up, but then i heard that
we had our site get hacked and had to lock it for awhile but its unlocked now. we did loose some membes because not everyone checked their email for the sign on for the site. We are rebuilding now and working it slowly so come and join!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.