Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help... I am wondering what kind of exhaust I should buy?? I will tell ya what I am looking for out of my desired exhaust... I am mainly looking fow new exhaust for the noise! I want something that sounds good... and I don't mean like a bumble bee on crack either. No offense to others, I realize that some don't mind that higher pitch sound but it is just not what I am looking for. I also realize that I am not going to get a V-8 grawl sound that is awesome, but I also want to get the best possible sound with only replacing my mufflers so that I can keep the expense down. Any advice is great... Thanks!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hmm use search or just look around the N/A i4 threads, there aren't that many of us so there aren't that many forums. Anywho check out the ARK series. They're pretty deep and mean sounding. They have singles and duals. arkspeedracing.com

get headers if u want more sound.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Cut the mufflers off...just delete them form the equation. It will have a mean little grown and sound awsome when you let off the gas...and its vertually free...just pay someone to cut off the muffs and put a test pipe there...you can even use the stock tips.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ok, from the looks of what you typed you only want mufflers? If this is correct there are plenty of mufflers you can get at a good price. If you want a catback which will only replace everything from the cat-back (hense the name) including the mufflers, tips, and tubing there is SSA which you can get for like 350. Not a bad price for a catback exhaust. I hear nothing but good things about it. When you get up into Injen, Borla, Greddy, Etc you get into the 600-900 dollar range (borla all the way). Just depends what you want.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
what kind of sound difference does it make cutting the mufflers off and replacing with a test pipe......does anyone have a sound clip of before and after or anything?......and all you have to do is cut the muffler and weld on test pipes and tips?..

·
Banned
1,495 Posts
Greddy... Nuff said, Yes the v6 will fit the I4 trust me, you just need to have the flange rotated. Ask me if you got questions

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PANAXRX said:
Cut the mufflers off...just delete them form the equation. It will have a mean little grown and sound awsome when you let off the gas...and its vertually free...just pay someone to cut off the muffs and put a test pipe there...you can even use the stock tips.
How easy would it be or not to put the stock mufflers back on if I hate the sound??

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
ARK exhaust system has a lot of selection for I4 Tib. :3_winkthu

We have Single N2 SUS , Dual N2 SUS , Burn Tip Dual SUS N2 in stock.

·
Banned
434 Posts
641RJX said:
How easy would it be or not to put the stock mufflers back on if I hate the sound??

The best way to find out is to just take the muffler section off your car and drive it around like that for a couple days.

You can do this very easily(or not) depending on how many miles you have on your car and just how rusted the bolts on the exhaust system are.

There is a flange right in front of the rear axle on the passanger side that connects the mid pipe to the exhaust section. You can just unbolt it there and take down the muffler section. I have a feeling you will like it, i did. That part is basically free power. You will see just how restrictive the back section of our exhausts are.

After that if you want to pipe it out you can take it to an exhaust shop and have them run some back for you.

This process is all completely reversible of you dont like the sound by just bolting the muffler section back on. I would suggest replacing the gasket at that connection if you put it back together as mine basically jsut fell apart when i took the sections apart. Of course i have 4 winters and 80k miles on my car too.

Also when you do this make sure you keep an eye on your revs if you are a manual, when mine was off i was able to over rev the hell out of my car to the point i got a CEL. Of course i was on a closed track at the time. :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey will i have the greddy on mine, but also headers. Its loud enough said. At times my reving has been known to set off car alarms lol :3_wink: Having said that when i just had the greddy catback and an intake it was probably one of the best sounding exhausts i have heard :3_loveys: It took me a little to get used to it with headers, but I get compliments about it all of the time and its grown on me a lot.

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
Get a decent CAI and a HotShot 4-1 header and slap an ARK single Ti exhaust on there... it'll sound great. And look great, too... if you're a stickler for single exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts