Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Viper 791xv installed tomorrow (xmas present!)

What should I tell the place installing it? I have this so far:

-I DO NOT need an immobilizer bypass.
-Mount it on top of glove box, or at least not in the driver's footwell.
-Mount the shock sensor to a cable.

Also, they told me they could just wire in to the stock trunk pop wiring, so I don't need the trunk pop module. Is this correct? Anything else I should tell them?

And also, I bought it refurbed, without a window decal, so I was wondering if anyone had a picture of their window decal or additionally if anyone had theirs available. There are like 3 kinds on ebay and I want to get the one that comes with it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Paul J McCain said:
I'm getting a Viper 791xv installed tomorrow (xmas present!)

What should I tell the place installing it? I have this so far:

-I DO NOT need an immobilizer bypass.
-Mount it on top of glove box, or at least not in the driver's footwell.
-Mount the shock sensor to a cable.

Also, they told me they could just wire in to the stock trunk pop wiring, so I don't need the trunk pop module. Is this correct? Anything else I should tell them?

And also, I bought it refurbed, without a window decal, so I was wondering if anyone had a picture of their window decal or additionally if anyone had theirs available. There are like 3 kinds on ebay and I want to get the one that comes with it.
Honestly, if you take it to a reputable install bay, they should already know all three things. The only thing they might not know is that american hyundai's dont have the immobilizer which you are correct on. But hiding the unit well and mounting the shock sensor to a cable is install basic 101 for those types of installs. I would actually suggest asking them instead of telling them. if someone came into my shop telling me those things, i would take offence to that, but that's me personally.

Yes they can wire the AUX button to the trunk release, but they might need a relay.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do these on a daily basis for Best Buy and I do know that if you trunk release is a positive trigger wire then you will need a relay because the alarm systems or keyless entry systems put out a 200mA (-) negative charge. So above was stated right... you will possibly need a relay... $9.99 not too expensive... they should install the relay for free when they put the unit in.

As far as the decal... I don't know what to tell you there... my car only has the stock security system... but I park right outside my window and right outside my work... so my siren should be enough for now... even though I'd probably sleep through it anyways. HAHAHA. Good luck and enjoy.
Later.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Like I said... I haven't pulled up my wiring diagrams on the Tiburon in a while so I can't remember if it takes a relay... but Red Tibby has the 791XV system and that's the top end Viper alarm and remote start and all... so he probably has it to pop his trunk.

·
Registered
337 Posts
you may want to add a backup battery and an additional piezo siren in the cabin. just additional cheap security investments. this way it will be cheaper doing it with the whole install instead of adding it later.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Paul J McCain said:
PM me your address and I can get you the decal's. I've got some from keyless entrys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts