·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
The auction says "Engine Under Covers for 2.7L"
I wonder if it goes on the bottom of the engine to protect from road debris from getting kicked up into the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The auction says "Engine Under Covers for 2.7L"
I wonder if it goes on the bottom of the engine to protect from road debris from getting kicked up into the engine compartment.
yea, which is why i couldnt figure it out.

first i've heard of it...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
yeah looks to go under like BMW design with solid bottom for air flow and keeps things cleaner

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
it's a splash guard for the engine - my car came with one.. I removed it when the headers went on.. it goes under the entire engine the holes are for access to the oil filter and the inspection hole on the tranny - headers rubbed on the plastic covers it so I assume if would have melted - but the rest of it is tin... but what he doesn't tell you is there are 3 other plastic guards that it attaches to, so I don't know if it will work for some of your cars

He also ships large parts like that by boat - so 4-6 weeks to get it... ( I bought other large things from him..) he has one of the best costs I have seen for Mobis stuff..

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i wasnt planning on getting it, i was just curious,

all my engine covers are stored somewhere in the house :)

but that explains it unholy, thanks

and yes, that guy DOES have very good prices for oem parts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.