Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hids in my low beams and my fog lights look nasty now when compared to my low beams. Are you guys putting hids in your low beams as well? Ive seen a kid with 8k in the low beams and fog lights. I thought this was illegal but not sure what else to put to get a really nice look that can match my 6k.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hurdler5280 said:
I have hids in my low beams and my fog lights look nasty now when compared to my low beams. Are you guys putting hids in your low beams as well? Ive seen a kid with 8k in the low beams and fog lights. I thought this was illegal but not sure what else to put to get a really nice look that can match my 6k.
Actually, I think aftermarket HID kits on any of your lights are illegal in just about every state as far as I know. But putting HID's in your fogs is kinda overdoing it. If your going for matching the color of your lows (hid's), then its your money I guess. You can find some of those normal bulbs with the blue coating that will look whiteer for $10 on ebay all day.

I would try to score some 3k's if I were doing the fogs. They have a yellow look to them, but wow are they bright!

·
Registered
79 Posts
There are a few cars around me that run the HID fogs and Headlights combo and IMO it looks really good. I'd say if you have the money then go for it. Either color match it or like b-dirty suggested get a 3k kit so you get a nice yellow color in it.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I actually got some "JDM" yellow bulbs for my zx-10R. You do NOT want to go over 55w bulbs. I'll see if I can find his info. Its a real nice yellow and would probably look good in the fogs.

I know of one guy localy that put HID's in his fogs.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Damn.. are you trying to blind everyone on the road? HIDS are enough.... HIDs in the fogs... OVERKILL.

Just get some silver stars for the fogs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would have to say no to Silverstars. I am getting HID's since I recently bought Silverstars and im not joking I could not tell the difference between them and my stocks. PLUS they were much less bright than my stocks. I think 'cool blue' look way better.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
05GT said:
Damn.. are you trying to blind everyone on the road? HIDS are enough.... HIDs in the fogs... OVERKILL.

Just get some silver stars for the fogs.
Actually they are not that bright. Definately not as bright as i thought they were going to be. Ive never been flashed. Im really not into the yellow fog look and i was thinking silverstars or piaa but maybe ill change my mind on the yellow look.

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
I have this question as well...since I am going to go with a Halo 8K HID kit at some point.....I was thinking about possibly XD fogs, either that or HID fogs. I believe Myst (now banned) and Johns03Tib have them on their Tibs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
sharkk90 said:
I would have to say no to Silverstars. I am getting HID's since I recently bought Silverstars and im not joking I could not tell the difference between them and my stocks. PLUS they were much less bright than my stocks. I think 'cool blue' look way better.
sorry, but actually i kinda disagree.. i think the silverstars are a lot brighter in my experience (9006 on a different car).. the cool blue was brighter than stock (H4 on another car) but nowhere as bright as the silverstars and nowhere near the color blue haha.. but on average, the silverstars went out after an average of 2 months per bulb on two different cars..

but yeah, i'm kinda stuck too.. i have 8000k HIDs and 2800k JDM yellow fog lights.. with the 06 tib i thought the projector fog lights made it look nice with the HIDs and yellow fogs.. but my best friend recently told me that in his honest opinion HIDs and yellow looked ugly.. so now i'm wondering if i should change it or leave it, cuz i could imagine it'd be hard to match the HIDs by trial and error..

Mike

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's not illegal to get hids for your fogs. I have 8000K on both my fogs and low beams.

·
Registered
468 Posts
sharkk90 said:

yeah me too :( $80 of lightbulbs for nothing :(

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hurdler5280 said:
Actually they are not that bright. Definately not as bright as i thought they were going to be. Ive never been flashed. Im really not into the yellow fog look and i was thinking silverstars or piaa but maybe ill change my mind on the yellow look.
:3_withstu I never got flashed by oncoming either. It really does look sweet, and was worth it.

Ill try to get some pics tonight.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Whatever you decide to go with, either hid's in fogs or halogen in fogs, make sure you match them! for example i use to have 5000k on my lows and fogs but now i have 6000k in my lows and my fogs are stll 5000k and the difference is major. I'm going to be changing the fogs (halogen) soon to match my hid's. Just my opinion, also if you don't want to match get either the yellow fog covers or a good yellow halogen bulb for the fogs...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That what i wanna do. So Silvania Silverstars for the fogs should work well. so dont go over 55w? correct?

·
Registered
867 Posts
You know what I did with my fogs? I turned them off. who needs them now. If you do want to keep them, then just.. ?? uhhh.

Yeah HIDs or bust. If you are going to do something do it right I suppose.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts