Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know you put gas in it, but what gas do you use? What gas should I use for performance/racing?

I normally use Chevron w/ Techron regular (87)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I use BP or any major vendor and add injector cleaner every couple fill ups. There isnt "performance" gas. The more compression you have the higher octane you need to prevent pre detonation. For N/A you should run 87.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
I use BP or any major vendor and add injector cleaner every couple fill ups. There isnt "performance" gas. The more compression you have the higher octane you need to prevent pre detonation. For N/A you should run 87.
umm no? runnign higher octane gas will help n e setup na or not

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
umm no? runnign higher octane gas will help n e setup na or not
Lol you might dyno slightly higher i guess. Cars are made from factory to run 87 unless otherwise specified.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I run minimum 91 w/ my Stage 0 Sniper

If you're running more than 87 and you're N/A, you're wasting money and losing horsepower. I remember going to the track last year with a gallon of 94 in the tank (this was when I was N/A), and ran 3/4 of a second slower than when I had a full tank of 87... It makes a huge difference. When it comes to your N/A v6, 87 is what you use for performance, despite what the ruffians without the chops claim...

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
I run minimum 91 w/ my Stage 0 Sniper

If you're running more than 87 and you're N/A, you're wasting money and losing horsepower. I remember going to the track last year with a gallon of 94 in the tank when I was N/A, and ran 3/4 of a second slower than when I had a full tank of 87... It makes a huge difference.
time slips or it didnt happen =)

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
dosent make sense to me my car runs so much better with higher octane gas in it. the throttle is more responsive and it just all around feels quicker.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
dosent make sense to me my car runs so much better with higher octane gas in it. the throttle is more responsive and it just all around feels quicker.
Hmmm....Its all in your head lmao.

·
Registered
179 Posts
idk i live in the northdakot minnesota area.... alota places if its not 91 or 101 its got ethenal in it n i refuse to use it its a personal thing i guess ive always ran 91 from day one n im sure ill use 91 till it leaves my hands...

·
Registered
205 Posts
idk i live in the northdakot minnesota area.... alota places if its not 91 or 101 its got ethenal in it n i refuse to use it its a personal thing i guess ive always ran 91 from day one n im sure ill use 91 till it leaves my hands...
same with me :) drive a extra ten miles just so i can get it BP 91!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.