Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the brushed aluminum window switches I ordered from Korea, and theres a new button that was not on the stock switches. What is this button supposed to do (does nothing when I push it)?

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
It's for power folding mirrors. It's not going to do anything for you unless you buy the mirror kit, too.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that brings up a couple questions:

Is the wiring already in place for the folding mirrors? What do I have to do to make this happen?

Why the heck would you need to fold your mirrors in? By the way this button is momentary, it doesnt stay down when pushed.

·
Registered
551 Posts
jasontib777 said:

Is the wiring already in place for the folding mirrors? What do I have to do to make this happen?

Why the heck would you need to fold your mirrors in? By the way this button is momentary, it doesnt stay down when pushed.
They fold in when you lock the car I guess.I got the same switches and want the mirror kit as well.Someday,someday

·
Registered
558 Posts
i think i'm killing it but yea, 05+ is a lock/unlock switch

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
jasontib777 said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same for korea....

but in Taiwan almost every car that's sold has auto folding mirrors or at least manual folding mirrors for parking like...only a few inches off the curb or on the side of the building.
Parking lots are also very tight.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
from what we found out in early 03...the V6's came wired for it. The 2.0's were missing the stuff in the BDM but could be made to work. The V6's had to buy the mirrors, and the relays. came to right about $300 for the kit. Two mirrors, the door switch and two relays.

I've seen some of the newer BCM's for the 03-04's and I dont see the terminals for the relays any more....

They fold in/out when ever you push the button. When you shut the car off or pull the parking brake it does nothing. Its all on that button.

Its nice when your in a parking lot, you can fold them in so people dont bang them...and just something cool to add to the car...esp since the pass side mirror now has Korean writing on it. :)

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
So, 05/06's have a lock/unlock button? Damn I want that. I hate pushing the locks back and forth on my '03; I always feel like I'm breaking them. I've also had to fix a door actuator and something else associated with the lock.

Looks like I dont need to add anything to answer your question. I think everyone else has given all the needed info.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Yellowwasabi said:
I'm pretty sure it's the same for korea....

but in Taiwan almost every car that's sold has auto folding mirrors or at least manual folding mirrors for parking like...only a few inches off the curb or on the side of the building.
Parking lots are also very tight.
and all cars also come with with a sunroof so that they can climb out when they park in those tight spaces

J/k ofcourse lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
ArchAngel916 said:
So, 05/06's have a lock/unlock button? Damn I want that. I hate pushing the locks back and forth on my '03; I always feel like I'm breaking them. I've also had to fix a door actuator and something else associated with the lock.

Looks like I dont need to add anything to answer your question. I think everyone else has given all the needed info.
Doesn't anyone with an '03 use a fricken key fob? You simply get out and push a button and tada... it locks! Not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
981 Posts
whats the point in buying the folding mirrors kit when u can just push them in urself and if u need to fold ur mirrors in to get into a tight spot, how would u get out of the car

·
Registered
312 Posts
whats the point in buying the folding mirrors kit when u can just push them in urself and if u need to fold ur mirrors in to get into a tight spot, how would u get out of the car
Because in the end, Automated Labor > Manual Labor ... always.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Tanelk said:
you climb out of the sunroof ofcourse....

·
Registered
574 Posts
05xd said:
They fold in when you lock the car I guess.I got the same switches and want the mirror kit as well.Someday,someday
There are kits that automatically fold in the mirrors when the car i shut off, or they can be set at the push of a button. From what I have seen, it is about $300 and up. Doesnt really seem all that worth it. . . . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts