Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats wrong with this? MORE IMAGES ADDED

is there anything wrong with the clutch disk below?

Better images further down the page

I have only ever seen badly worn clutches before so I cant tell.

Thanks

DoZZa

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its only done about 4k on this clutch, its a 2003 2.7 6 speed, this is supposed to be a clutchmasters stage 4

·
Registered
200 Posts
i see some hot spots but its not uncommon for a puck disk , looks like copper material. clutch disk doesnt look bad. ive driven worst looking ones and they grab fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its hard to see in the picture but on the flywheel side of the clutch disc it is worn more on the outside edge on each puck. the wear looks uneven aswell.

It is also worn down to the rivets on both sides.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
a stage 4.... do you have enough HP to use a stage 4? then that may be your problem right there... it does look like its been heating up quite a bit... it's like having a bulldozer when all you need is a shovel

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
yea, if its worn down to the rivets, then thats pretty worn..........you need some extreme horsepower to use a stage 4..........its pointless to get this clutch if you have not already gotten it........

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would never have crossed my mind, not having enough power.

The car has got about 200 bhp max.

I have an OEM disc to go back in, I hope that will work the the clutchmasters flywheel as the OEM clutch is not sprung.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
if I remember correctly RIPP was running a stage 3 on his car and it was right around 300+ so... yeah... u may want to swap out until your built up a bit more

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
yea, what ryan said.....i had the stage 2 clutchmaster clutch and flywheel.....its a nice setup and would work perfectly with your HP........I am about the same, and it worked for me very well

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
dude, i hope you dont consider putting this clutch in your car......you'll end up changing it again in a few months, if not sooner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts